MJ Accused of Stiffing Lawyers Out of $1.5 Mil

10/30/2009 7:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonA team of Michael Jackson's former lawyers claim the singer owes them more than $1.5 million dollars stemming from an agreement he signed way back in 2007.

The firm -- Mundell, Odlum & Haws -- filed a creditor's claim against Jackson's estate today, explaining how they were never paid back for a $1,144,808.95 promisary note Jackson signed back in 2007. It's unclear what the note was for.

The firm also claims they were never paid for hundreds of thousands of dollars of legal work they performed for Jackson from December 2007 through June 24, 2009 -- the day before Jackson died.

Grand total -- $1,571,768.62 plus interest.

Add this one to the stack....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

that.is.all

Just put it on Harvey's mastercard.

Duo

So sick of Michael Jackson. I always thought he was a sicko.

lynn

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... at #1's comment. I agree. Don't worry MJ's estate...Harvey will take care of it/and the rest of the creditors claims against Michael's estate.

Ben

2. So sick of Michael Jackson. I always thought he was a sicko.

Posted at 8:19PM on Oct 30th 2009 by Gret

And yet, here you are. I'm sure Mike didn't give a rat's azz what you think of him. Rather than being here spewing your vomit, shouldn't you be off trimming your nosehairs or something worthwhile?

lynn

MJ was not a "sicko". #2...is the REAL sicko. Why are u even talking about MJ/or reading articles about him, if u hate him soo much??? You're a TARD. GO AWAY "Gret." K Thanks.

majito638

hahahahaha!!!! so funny #1!!

majito638

2. So sick of Michael Jackson. I always thought he was a sicko.

Posted at 8:19PM on Oct 30th 2009 by Gret

------------------------------------------------------

WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK? anyway, if you think that, what the hell are you doing here?

anniam

And when are we going to see justice for
Michael or has everyone forgot that he was murdered,Is the lapd on holiday?JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL please this has gone on long enough its time for JUSTICE?

cyndi

SOOOOOOOOOOO Sick of this. Now the guy is dead everyone from everywhere wants his money. I don't want to hear about it anymore, its getting old@

katie lady

what #1 and #3 said... did these lawyers just notice the "overdue" bill just now????

reena

Michael's lips look just like his mum's in that picture. His eyes look glassy (broken spirited) though.

Data

Gret stop the name calling don't read the article if you don't like the guy. He tried to bring more peace then you. Learn from him. I am so tired of immature people calling names. Wait that is not immature that is someone who is hurting inside and lashing out with name calling. Gret I am so sorry you are hurting inside please heal your pain so you don't spread it.

Sheila

No name

they just want to make money with michael's death
why they didn't claim all that money when michael was alive?

Sara

Harvey - I'll take some too if you're giving and MJ's kids and mom will be most appreciative. Seriously - Michael would have been smart enough to have someone responsible paying his bills, right? I doubt he sat down every month to pay the water bill himself. I guess my point is this - did Michael even know he owed so many people or are these people gambling on the fact that maybe nobody can discredit their claim? All of these people ought to be ashamed of themselves. Someone said earlier today that MJ's fans should countersue - that's the best I idea that I've heard yet. RIP Michael.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments