Kiefer Sutherland's $700 Morning Bar Tab

11/3/2009 2:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kiefer Sutherland racked up the following $700 bar tab between 7am and 1pm. Yes, those times are correct.

Kiefer Sutherland
We've learned the "24" star and members of the show's crew popped into The Spot in San Pedro, California last week after wrapping up a shoot nearby -- and they were ready to get their drink on.

According to an employee at the bar, Kiefer was throwing back scotch & Cokes and bought drinks for everybody in the joint -- roughly 30 people. The total damage: $500. No food ... all booze.

The drinks may have been stiff, but Kiefer wasn't -- we're told he tipped $200.

FYI: We're told Sutherland -- who has a few DUIs under his belt -- was responsible this time and used a designated driver when he left the bar.

Hollywood Party Boys

ME

HE SHOULD GO AHEAD AND PUT HIS NAME ON THE LIST FOR A NEW LIVER. HIS IS PROBABLY ABOUT TO LOCK UP ON THE DUMBASS.

Christy

This is nothing by Kiefer standards. As others have said, they'd just gotten off a full night shift (actually, it was after a week of working all night shifts) so this was work week's over wind down time.

He left a great tip and he had a driver. The bartender (or whoever it was) sold him out on this one and I think that sucks.

All of that said, I also think he's an alcoholic, which I think is sad. But for anyone who's posted that he's been to rehab or has promised to quit - no and, at least publicly, no. He went to jail for 48 days so he was sober that long at least but he's never talked publicly about quitting or publicly gone to rehab.

I hope he does someday because he's a talented actor and, by all accounts, a kind man... and this'll kill him, bit by sad bit... but it's his call. I wish him nothing but well.

brits ok

He just got off work right? If he's done a whole shift that means he's been working all night. 7am to someone working night shift is different than 7 am to someone working days. His 7 am meal isn't breakfast, it's dinner and having a drink is no different than someone who gets off work at 5 going out and having a few after work. This is all a perception issue.

Corn Flakes

So What? Pleaaaaaaaaase

PA chick

Kiefer I have 2 bottles the best Rum on earth just for you baby, let me know when you are ready to visit..............and I promise I wont tell a soul.

aimhlpben

who's the sumo wrestler?

socal

love you Keifer

And i wholeheartedly agree with #58

Cam Novak

Yeah, Kiefer is awesome. I heard that the new Living Dangerously bio will talk all about his wild drinking binges, as well as his time as a rancher. I'll read it for sure.

SG

He tipped $1000 a couple of years ago at Figaro in Los Feliz. He's a pretty good guy in general. He loves J&B, so what!

Keifer's Shadow

Criticise the guy all you want but at least he's not a cheap-skate to servers. 200 bucks for a 1000 dollar tab wouldn't be all that shabby ... but a 200 dollar tip for a 500 dollar tab? Man, that's 40 per-cent!!!!

Mike Fey

I work as a delivery driver. Just ONCE I would love for somebody to tip me like that! Keifer: please call my restaurant one evening and order food for delivery from us. You have filmed 24 episodes SO close to us SO many times in the past when you filmed at the Van Nuys airport - we're on Roscoe right near Balboa. (Hint: we look sort of like a swiss chalet). I swear I won't be one of those creeps who rats you out to the press!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4