Rihanna: I Went Back to Chris

11/5/2009 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna revealed that she got back with Chris Brown after the brutal beating she took in February -- but broke it off for good when she realized the dangerous message she was sending to her young fans.

Rihanna: Click to watch
This morning on "Good Morning America" an emotional Rihanna told Diane Sawyer she didn't want to be responsible for "some young girl getting killed" for following in her footsteps.

Rihanna added "Don't react off of love. Eff love."

TMZBoy

Robert

It's the Hollywood way; make MILLIONS off of misfortions...We Americans are easy like that, we've got plenty of dough to give the rich.

Anonymous-AD

I applaud Rihanna for being brave and speaking out about the domestic violence she suffered from Chris Brown. I am also very surprised that a vast majority of the bad comments about her are from females. Too often we make excuses for men who are violent towards us and we need to put an end to this cycle of abuse. If Chris Brown was innocent in any way, believe me, he would never have pled guilty to FELONY charges (and tarnish his name)especially with the high powered attorney that he had. He would have gone to trial in order to prove that he was innocent. Please people, before you make these comments, know your facts, take time out and read the police report. I am happy that he is getting help for his problem and wish them both the best.

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

YOU ARE FULL OF IT RHIANNA, AND I DON'T SAY THIS BECAUSE YOU LEFT CHRIS, I SAY IT BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO TELL YOUR PART.

YOU ARE ABUSIVE YOURSELF RHIANNA....THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!

Paulie Wants a Cracker

My thoughts on this, hmmmm. Well I think men should never hit a woman nor vice versa. I think R went off on Chris that night, I honestly don't think she kept her hands to herself and Chris went off on her back. Men should never fight back an angry woman but woman need to also stop thinking they have the right to be physical with a man either. I think they both are guilty. I say this because I've been there, a few times I went off on my husband with worries of cheating and I felt as a woman ok with getting somewhat physical. I realized it wasn't right and I had no right to feel being the woman that I could.
I also think she is using this to boost her record sales and why is she waiting now to do so.
I think some men are abusive in which they hit women for power and control. What Chris did was wrong but I don't think he did it in the way of power and enjoyment. I'm sure many of you men and women know some women who think they can fight a man but cry fowl when he fights back, it's both wrong and Rihanna if this is you think about it and come clean with your wrong as well.

2 cents

Whatever...

So what is she trying to promote now? A new CD, movie, image control?

I am so sick of these "celebrities with a cause" trend!

pollynoo

Mugly, Fugly, no-talent douchebag...

Chris

Of course she speaks out now, just when she has an album to promote!

tantra5445

Yeah, it was great and all that she had "second thoughts', AFTER she already went back , and now she cares enough about her "young impressionable girl" fans to speak out? WTF? Or could the fact she's currently promoting a new CD have anything to do with the timing of this interview? I'm sure that's just a 'coensidence', right? LMAO

Reason

Um, "Misoganist"? It's spelled Misogynist. Could you at least spell your hate-filled ignorance correctly?

Tess

My heart really, truly breaks for her. What a horrible situation to be in.

iknowiwasthere

Rihanna, you are stupid! I guess you do not have a black iron skillet in your cabinet.........you should have KNOCKED CHRIS THE F**K OUT!

sandra

I THINK RHIANNAS USING THIS TO PROMOTE HER ALBUM WHAT PERFECT TIMING RIGHT? ALSO DOES SHE THINK ITS OK FOR HER TO PUT HANDS ON HIM SLAP HIM AND VERBALLY ABUSE HIM? AT THE END OF THE DAY VILOENCE IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE BUT SHE SHOULDNT EXPECT THAT AFTER ABUSING SOMONE SO LONG THAT THERE NOT GONNA SNAP BACK AND STRIKE HER BACK SHE NEEDS TO TAKE LONG HARD LOOK AT HER SELF.......

Ren

DIDN'T SHE THROW THE FIRST BLOW? DIDN'T SHE SLAP HIM FIRST? LET'T GET REAL WIT IT.

dive

oh give me a break, stop being sympathetic & how its all in my song. all you're doing is telling people go buy my song, why don't you tell everyone the truth the way the hold thing started. stop asking for sympathy,why sit there & blame Chris a fight takes two to start & i don't think that he is insane to beat you up just like that, come on RIRI get real.

Bonnie

OK, missy, time to put this behind you and move on. Dredging up your tale of abuse again and again is not good for anybody.