Rihanna: I Went Back to Chris

11/5/2009 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna revealed that she got back with Chris Brown after the brutal beating she took in February -- but broke it off for good when she realized the dangerous message she was sending to her young fans.

Rihanna: Click to watch
This morning on "Good Morning America" an emotional Rihanna told Diane Sawyer she didn't want to be responsible for "some young girl getting killed" for following in her footsteps.

Rihanna added "Don't react off of love. Eff love."

Janet

Ri Ri needs to hook up with Kate Gosslin. They both know how to treat their men.

Karolina

Wow, very good job Rihanna!!!!! I'm so proud of you:) really. The best thing you can do to leave this jackass for your and fans life....Be strong, very good and wise decision, I know so well something about it...
Very very very good and wise woman.

Chery

It took her this long to say something, how convient right when her wack A** album is about to drop. Since she felt sooooo bad for young girls has she gone to any women shelters any schools and talked to youg girls HELL NO! That chick is a fraud just like her AUTO TUNED VOICE!!!!

Loulou

@27,Tobby Jug... You are a disgusting excuse for a human being.I hope you drown and asphyxiate on your own vomit.

Zee

the only reason she didn´t countinue with that ahole was only to save her carrier. she realized when cover girl didn´t go right ahead that this could be the end. she´s just a money hunger bi**h!

April

im tired of hearing her WHINE~~ shut up already

lusha

i m so tired with that story,and rihanna stop actin like a victim.i don t think he put his hand on you if you don t hit him, .she s doin that now to promote her album i have no sympathy for that bitch

MJzGirl

I don't think anyone should remain in ANY relationship they are unhappy in PERIOD! No matter if it's physical abuse, emotional abuse, mental abuse...NONE of it is healthy. I say dump anyone that keeps you miserable. As for Rihanna though, I don't think she sincerely broke it off because of the message she would be sending out and caring about people she doesn't know, celebs are very selfish individuals and most could care less about a total stranger. She left Chris because she didn't want the bad press, it was a career decision. As for Chris, sure he should have been convicted and punished and all of that, but if Rihanna also engaged in slinging blows, she TOO should bare that same scar (LOL..no pun inteneted).

IF THEY ARE BAD TO YOU, THEY ARE BAD FOR YOU....GET OUT AND DON'T LOOK BACK! WALKING AWAY FROM THIS MEANS WALKING TOWARDS THAT (YOU DETERMINE WHAT/WHO "THAT" IS).

danica

Good interview. I am glad she was able to pull herself together and realize she needed to leave him alone.

So many abused women go back to the men out of love so what she did was not unusual. What's good is that she snapped out of it.

mddiva

Love 'Russian Roulette', RiRi...Your voice sounds so strong and powerful. Good luck. Take your time, Girl!!!!

Mek

This whole mess between Ri Ri and Chris sickens me!! Look at her trying to look like such the victim. She is so full of sh#@T! It is my opinion that she demeans all women that have been in abusive relationships because she is just as much an abuser as Chris. She did not take any responsibility of for her abusive actions towards Chris in past incidents or the night in question. People it is not OKAY for a MAN and/or a WOMAN to be violent against each other. I think there is a double standard when it comes to domestic violence against MEN that needs to be addressed in the media and in our homes. Men get hurt and/or murder by crazy a@s women everyday too. I would never look to her as a role model for women against domestic violence. I have friends that have truly been victims (women & men) and Ri Ri is no victim. She is just a violent chick that lost a fight she started!!!! Right now she is just trying to get press to promote her NEW CD!!!

LensmanCT

What do 50,000 battered women have in common?

THEY JUST DON'T LISTEN !!!!!

lalaloo

I find it so sad that women are almost always harder on women who
have been abused then men are. Even women who have been abused can
come down very hard on other women who have been hit. It is almost
like women don't want to be associated with a woman who "ALLOWS"
herself to get hit. It makes me sad.

I am not saying that she is totally innocent but consider
this...there are at least 2 previous incidences where he was physical with her and he was raised in a household where violence was the norm, making him much more likely to repeat the pattern. Lets say she did say things to him to intentionally make him mad, was a bitch, or that she ripped the phone out of his hand or even punched him. Was his reaction appropriate? He could have restrained her and I would have no problem with that, even if she had bruises on her writes (look at that Tia Tequila thing). But he didn't. We all say the pictures. He didn't just hold her down or even hit her once. He beat her bloody. He bit her. He slammed her face against the car. Is that the proper reaction? Clearly it is not.

And all the slams about her going back to him? Getting beat by the person you love does some serious damage to your psyche. So she had money and fame...lack of funds is not the main reason that most women stay with their batterers. It is part of the whole mindset that the abuse causes.

balls

balls

Bubba

I don't like her face. Seems to me Chris Brown slapped both her lips, but especially the upper lip seems to be splat against her face.