Steven Tyler to Leave Aerosmith?

11/8/2009 6:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven TylerWhat is Aerosmith without Steven Tyler?Joe Perry and some guys you can't remember the name of.

The unthinkable might be a reality -- Tyler may be on his way out. Joe Perry told the Las Vegas Sun he thinks Tyler has quit, but he isn't really sure.

He says, "Steven quit as far as I can tell ... I don't know anymore than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know."

Calls to the band were not returned.

Sassy

I love Aerosmith - the early Aerosmith before they got the big money and big egos. There best music unfortunately was when they were all stoned out of their minds and singing for their supper.
I have been to more Aerosmith concerts than you can count on all your toes and fingers and havent' been to one in probably 4 or 5. They give a good show, but their attitudes have gotten out of control. Good luck to Steven in his new endeavors and Good luck to Joe, Joey, Tom & Brad in theirs as well.

TAMARA

There is no way anyone could EVER replace Steven Tyler as the lead singer of Aerosmith!!! No one else on this planet could ever have that Tyler charisma, sexual moves, stage presence, style or that screamin' demon voice like Steven Tyler! Steven Tyler is AEROSMITH - without him the band would not be Aerosmith!! I am the #1 Tyler fan and they need to work this out and get Aerosmith back on the stage with the one and only Steven Tyler! Steven Tyler is irreplaceable! Aerosmith would not be Aerosmith without Steven Tyler - so Dream On!

Alice

At least recent news of Aerosmith NOT breaking up for good has put me in a good mood...without Steven Tyler...Aerosmith is really nothing that ionic voice

but it's not all Steven

there's also Joe Perry and his guitar epicness

and Hamilton and Whitford

Alan

Steven is not leaving anyone. I personally called his home in Marshfield and got all the info....don't worry they are not breaking up.

Margo

Please Steven and Joe this is getting to far. I love aerosmith but I would rather you salvage the friendship your been through so much together ober the years. No band is worth all this. I had a fight with my best friend and wouldnt speak with her and then she was killed in a car accident before we could both swallow our prides and speak. Please think about the friendship for a while not Aerosmith. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

Scott

who won on dancing with the stars last night?

peter

Steven Tyler, smart thing for you to do. everyone would hate to see you fall again.you made areal mess of yourself falling like that the first time. my friends grandmother got drunk and fell on the ice like that a year ago and is still not the same she walks like someone put a stick up her ass. we would all hate to see these type things happen to you. first you lost your voice,then your false teeth came out in public. then you took a fall on stage. what next? any way i think enough of the publics money in one life time. and hurt enough people with your lack of talent and cat scratching voice. time for ssi time to retire you old whore.....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3