Taylor Swift Is Funny -- Who Knew?

11/8/2009 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jonas, Kanye West and Kate Gosselin were all targets of Taylor Swift last night during her hilarious appearance on "Saturday Night Live."

After skewering her ex and Kanye during the monologue, Taylor threw on a classic Kate wig that looks like "a gorgeous waterfall of human hair in the front and in the back ... a patriotic fireworks display."

Dude man

SHE WASN'T FUNNY AT ALL. SHE ONLY PROVED THAT SHE CAN'T ACT AT ALL.
IT ALL WAS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE TO WATCH.

my POV

I thought she did a great job. I'm not a fan of her music, really knew nothing about her before the Kanye incident, but was impressed by her performance. She obviously took it seriously and gave it her all - yes, you could tell she was a bit nervous, but overall she was much funnier than I thought she'd be.

Luornu

..a "classic" Kate wig...

CLASSIC??? Come here, TMZ, you need a good smack!

Taylor Swift was good last night BUT, the writers could have ramped up Kate a bit more and had her constantly redirect the conservation so she could talk about herself (like Kate did on her real stint on The View).

sound

The guy sounded like he was impersonating Keanu Reeves NOT Nic Cage.

K

She was great - especially considering the lack of funny material she was given. This entire season has been lame - a good cast trying to make weak skits funny. It is uncomfortable to watch. Hire some new writers.

Sammy

Hey Dude Man I saw this skit last night, I thought she was very funny.As far as her music goes,not crazy about it.I've seen her live on cmt awards,she is not very good giving live performances. In fact,she was terrible!!!!

The Seer

SNL is in the crapper. Guess that's what happens when you lose your best writers and castmembers. New blood needed, STAT. I don't even bother to watch anymore. Waste of time, unless I have insomnia, because in that case, SNL has caused me to fall into a dead sleep countless times.

If NBC keeps it up, they'll destroy SNL to the point of no return, if they haven't accomplished this already. They've also been a success at tanking weeknight late night. At least the network is consistent. CONSISTENTLY HORRIBLE.

Aslan

Not funny. Not her fault. Writing was terrible.. Keenan and Andy Samberg did hilarous impressions of Whoopi and Nic Cage tho.

Annie

I thought Taylor was hilarious DESPITE the lousy material they gave her. She valiantly tried to resuscitate skit after skit after skit, giving 100+. I give her two thumbs up and think she's cute as can be and very talented.

KICK ROCKS

F U N N Y??????????????????
NO SHE WAS NOT!

Nikki

She was hilarious. She did better than many actresses/actors that host that show! I was REALLY impressed with her. Anyone who says she can't act or wasn't funny doesn't have a sense of humour. It was awesome!! I hope they have her host again

MinnesotaNice

I thought her opening monologue was quite witty! I enjoyed her on SNL--I was pleasantly surprised by how funny she was. (The teenage PSA about parents driving distracted was hysterical!)

GypsyLaura

I never laughed so little.

lily

Taylor did a fantastic job.... who knew???? She was a plus to an otherwise dull show. SNL pick it up...you are losing it.

Slutty Whores Rock

Unlike Kanye Least, Taylor is talented and charming. SNL is crap these days, but she gave a great performance refreshing in its energy. I'm not a fan, but have to give her props for breathing a little fresh air into SNL's corpse. Good job girl.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments