Jackson Doctors at War

11/9/2009 3:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's two warring doctors are going at it again ... Dr. Steven Hoefflin just accused Dr. Arnold Klein of being a lawbreaker for the things he said last week on TMZ Live.

Hoefflin -- who performed numerous procedures on Jackson -- says he believes Klein may have violated federal controlled substance and trafficking laws, since "...he knew Michael was a narcotic addict yet he repeatedly injected him, probably with others in his office assisting him, 51 times over three months with a minimum of 100mg of Demerol and charged him a large amount of money."

Hoefflin added, "Other Dermatologists use topical and nerve block anesthesia and not repeated Demerol shots."

Hoefflin also accused Dr. Klein of violating the Federal HIPPA laws "by disclosing health care information on Michael Jackson without permission."

Klein and Hoefflin are suing each other.

danica

He is violating HIPAA based on what the American Medical Association says.

The privacy protections HIPAA affords are not limited durationally, therefore the medical record of a deceased patient is subject to all restraints on disclosure that are applicable to the record of a living patient. Typically a patient's "authorization" would be required to release the record. When authorization is unavailable, however, HIPAA permits disclosure of medical records in two scenarios.
First, disclosures for treatment purposes are permitted. The Protected Health Information of the deceased can be released to another health care provider to facilitate that provider's treatment of a surviving family member.
Second, dislosures to persons who are legally authorized to act for the decedent patient are allowed. Physicians presented with such a request from a representative of a decedent should be certain that; 1) the requestor has the legal authority to act for the decedent or the decedent's estate, 2) the requested information is relevant to the requestor's representation, and 3) the requestor in fact has the authority they claim to have.

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

I agree with everything in the comment below. I am disgusted that the police are not arresting these murderers.

Unfortunately that is how things work in America. No matter how high up the ladder you reach, they still treat you like a Niiiggga. Check how President Obama is treated.

============================================================
18. I'm from Brazil and I do not write English, I hope you understand what I write.
Reading the news about Michael Jackson and the interview only Klein can see that many American people are idiots, stupid amenorrhea without shame.
Which doctor is this? Someone can be patient this monster?
I do not understand how the American police have not done anything, if this happened in a country like Brazil would say that is because Brazil is an underdeveloped country.
Where is the culture and the development of america?
Where is the American justice system that have not arrested Dr. Klein, nor hunted his medical license?
I'm from Brazil and I do not write English, I hope you understand what I write.
Which doctor is this? Someone can be patient this monster?
Where is the culture and the development of america?

Posted at 4:50PM on Nov 9th 2009 by Ge

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/09/michael-jackson-dr-arnold-klein-dr-steven-hoefflin-propofol/2#c22975266#ixzz0WP1fC1HV

Sandra

Joe Jackson is so busy trying to figure out ways to skim money from Michael's estate, why doesn't he sue Arnie Klein for violating doctor-client privilege?!?

Arnie Klein had no business discussing Michael's business, even in death. That Arnie Klein is a demon from the pitt of hell.

Loulou

18 Ge, que tal fazer um cursinho no Brasas ou na Cultura Inglesa antes de escrever merda?

IamSpeechless

What is happening with the investigation?
LAPD seem to be doing nothing.
Are the LAPD on holiday?

Petuniatiger

Does anybody think that MJ's first born son looks a lot like Arnie Klein? Everytime I see his picture i can see Prince I. I know he claimed he was the father of the kids but now i really see it.

John

So either way its right.

a fan

They are all guilty but whoever gave him repeatedly gave him IV propofol and made him think it was a safe way to go to sleep is as guilty as Murray. Off with their heads!

Jess

Hoefflin worked on MJ nose. That says volumes about Hoefflin.
Klein was MJ best friend.

A.B.

Didn't both those doctors do harm to Michael Jackson? Isn't Hoeflin responsible for the nose disaster? And didn't he use propofol during those procedures?

BillieJeanJackson

YeeHaaaa You go boys. Arnie you are going to win this one. You are not dependant on anti-psychotic drugs to get you through the day. The Jackson face sculpture is going to loose.

Lets hope your court date is during a full moon so the judge will be entertained too. I heard your interview, and I didn't hear anything we didn't already know. But if Hoefflin hears it with all of his inner voices talking too, God knows what he heard. Poor Steve, his mind is getting the best of him again.

I know you read TMZ Arnie, come over and talk to Harvey again. See, at least you have audio tape now to go to court with. Next time bring Jason with you. I am curious about Frank Dileo's phone call the day Michael died.

Harvey, you and Mike better be listening at the door of the Grand Jury room to hear Da TROOT. Follow old Conrad, see what the dead beat murderer is up to.

Dr. Hoefflin, have you been up a tree with a gun lately? "They" are coming to get you...

astabasta

34. @astabasta the federal gov also labels it as hippa. Most depts like CMS use that since its easier to remember than hipaa. But the act itself is Hipaa.

So either way its right.

Posted at 5:17PM on Nov 9th 2009 by John

Thank you, John, actually I knew that. I think it has been accepted to call it HIPPA because people kept getting it wrong.
but it IS HIPAA.

I have a strong urge to slam TMZ these days...

Loulou

34 You sound like you need to visit your optometrist asap,because there is no way in hell that handsome boy looks like that fugly pig.In fact if you look at the pictures of both the son and the daddy,you will see that they not only have the same eyes,but the same look in their eyes.There are some videos on you tube that show how MJ and his son resemble each other.Go take a look before you type sh!t here,moron.

bunny

35, yes, I can see Prince in Klein as well.....as much as I don't want it to be so.

MJ

I know that TMZ report news and etc, did Mike had to get excited about MJ getting cardiac arrest. Regardless of being MJ, he was someone's father, son and brother, how could Mike get so excited about reporting MJ dying. I know MJ's death was TMZ biggest story and put them back on the map. but please show some respect and sympathy while they were celebrating scoping the story, at the same time they were three terrified young children who were scared of not going to see their father again. talk about selling souls to the devil for an almighty dollar.