Katt Williams Charged with Burglary

11/9/2009 6:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Katt Williams has officially been charged with burglary and criminal trespassing by a magistrate in Coweta County, GA -- his bond was set at $41,150.

Williams was arrested this morning, after cops say a man named Daniel Broach claimed the comedian broke into his home on Sunday night and stole $3,555 worth of jewelry and collectable coins.

Broach told cops Katt used a crowbar to break into his home, which is around 38 miles southwest of Atlanta.

Katt's lawyer told us the whole thing is a sham -- and is just the result of a dispute Katt had with a another man.

UPDATE: Katt is free to roam -- we're told he just posted bond.

hot mami

Why would ANYONE do this for 3K? He helps foster children! The person who called 911 is going to burn in hell along with MJ. I don't care how many kids Mj helped. If you f*** one, helping a billion is now null and void. I love you Katt and so do the haters that are blogging. This is the first blog I ever write because I have better things to do(2 kids, 2 jobs, a needy husband, and getting a college education) but this story upset me so much! He's a good man that has some vicarious fun every once in a while and I wish that someone would take care of my children if God forbid anything were to happen to me and my husband the way Katt is taking care of his. He's not gay either!!! FYI, Katt, I love my husband very much, but I would leave him for you in a heart beat. Love you papi.

utchic49

What the hell. Really? Something seems fishy here. Katt can fill an auditorium any night of the week- why would he need to rob somebody?

Jess

Needs more money for crack.

MJ

There is light at the end of the tunnel and God is great. Who could have thought the man who humiliate and use MJ' troubles to make money. Talk about kicking a man when is down. who is laughing now.RIP MJ

FOR REAL

KATT NEED A DAMM PERM LOL LOL LOL

Cassy

This does not compute. But then again, why hasn't Katt posted bond?

Jess

Sounds like a pedophile wanting to bang a 17 year old.

Skank

I don't believe this!

markko

Katt who? Never heard of him. Seriously.

Julia

This is ridiculous!!!! Poor Kat, I think he's so funny. I watch his show all the time! You know who else I watch Goumba Johnny on SHOVIO.COM. You should check him out M-F 1pm-2pm (EST). If Kat goes to jail.. who will replace his endless laughs?? Maybe Goumba. Check him out today!

Ol Dirty Bastard

He Has A Heroin Addiction.

baldblackman

jessup, banging a 17 year old is not pedophila.

Katt Williams's Perm

KATT Burglar

hcochic2oo4

this is crazy i live in coweta county...hes already posted bond...i saw him like last week and got a pic with me and him and my friend...

Anna