Criminal Case Against Balloon Boy Sheriff Bursts

11/10/2009 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Balloon Boy Sheriff BurstsThe sheriff from the Balloon Boy fiasco will not be charged with a crime for running his mouth about the Heene family -- and revealing that the county's Child Protective Services team had been asked to investigate Richard and Mayumi in the wake of their hoax.

Heene's attorney had claimed Alderden broke a Colorado law, which bars officials from discussing information about a family investigation publicly.

But now, the Larimer County District Attorney's office tells us they "have carefully reviewed all public statements we were able to find of Sheriff Alderden with regard to the Heene investigation ...

... Although Sheriff Alderden references the fact that the Department of Social Services has become involved, he discloses no data or information obtained from a Deparent of Social Services report, nor does he improperly release any identifying information obtained from records or reports of child abuse.

Thus, no criminal charges are warranted."

Me

"... from a Deparent of Social Services report..."

TMZ, who does your editing. They suck! Deparent? Did you mean Department?

get-over-it

I am so glad for the sheriff that he wont face any charges! That would be a complete miscarriage of justice if he had. The Heene's are the ones who brought all the negative attention on to themselves.Not Alderden! Instead,the cops were there as quick as possible to try and find there ( missing boy) and help them,the Heenes wasted resources. I find Mr. Heene extremely unstable and very repulsive. Obviously, the sheriff devotes his life to stopping crime not causing it!

tuna marie

when are these fools going to be charged??
if i called 911 and complained about my
burger king order being wrong, i would be
arrested on the spot. why haven't these people
been arrested, esp after the wife admitted it
was all a hoax?? i guess this will all be
shoved under the carpet.
what a country!!

The Seer

TMZ, hire me! I'll make sure there are no more asinine mistakes in your posts. How do you expect to be taken seriously with the number of preventable errors in your posts? Sheesh. Get a clue.

So when the hell are they going to charge Richard the Peen? Enough already.

kitty

yay sheriff alderden!

Nameless

Hey Richard Heene:

Owned by the Colorado PD again. Enjoy having your bunghole stretched out in prison while your family is broken up by the state. All for trying to be a media whore.

Get A Grip

Yap....Yap....Yap....his lips moved faster than his brain...that's what happens when you put a microphone in front of spokesman for the police department.....look at me I'm the man.....

Pickle

Professor Obvious

Richard Heene has really been off the radar screen lately, huh? I was looking forward to his daily escapades but he has been laying really low. I feel that his going into hiding has robbed America of much top notch entertainment!

A Person

24. I'm glad that kid is okay. For a second there, I thought Michael Jackson was in heaven and ordered take-out!

Posted at 2:09AM on Nov 11th 2009 by Pickle

That joke is older than the hills.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2