Richie

Gets Restraining Order

Against Paps

11/16/2009 6:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1116_nicole_richie_bn_tmz_02-1Nicole Richie was in court this afternoon to get a permanent restraining order against the two paps she claims harassed her and caused her to get into a car accident. Here's how it went down:

UPDATE 5:28 PM ET -- Judge just granted the restraining order, in effect til 2012. They must stay 50 yards away.

UPDATE 5:26 PM ET -- Odd exchange: One of the paps just said he wouldn't take pics of Joel and Nicole if they didn't want him to -- and, shockingly, they don't want him to.

UPDATE 5:22 PM ET -- One of the paps just apologized to Joel on the record.

UPDATE 5:20 PM ET -- Joel says he likes to know the pap's names since they are followed so much.

UPDATE 5:18 PM ET -- Joel Madden is on the stand now. He described Nicole after the crash as being "hysterical."

UPDATE 5:15 PM ET -- Both paps deny going on Nicole's property.

UPDATE 5:10 PM ET -- Get this: Nicole just said the paps need to take responsibility for their driving "like I have taken responsibility for my driving."

UPDATE 5:07 PM ET -- Nicole on the car accident: "I was scared, I was hysterically crying, I was lucky my mom was there. About 10 minutes later the pain started kicking in and I was taken to the hospital."

UPDATE 5:05 PM ET -- Nicole testified the pap was about "30 feet" onto her property.

UPDATE 5:02 PM ET -- Nicole says she has seen one of the paps on her property prior to the car accident on October 5.

UPDATE 4:58 PM ET -- Nicole is about to testify.

UPDATE 4:53 PM ET -- The paps are holding magazines to show their "expertise." When UsWeekly is your resumé, you got problems.

UPDATE 4:50 PM ET -- Nicole looks calm and collected. Joel looks super tired and irritated.

UPDATE 4:47 PM ET -- The courtroom is starting to fill up.

UPDATE 4:30 PM ET -- Court hasn't begun yet, but we've spotted Nicole in the courthouse with baby daddy Joel Madden, her lawyer Mark Geragos, and her private investigator, Scott Ross.

dana

when did nicole get married?

Paulie Wants a Cracker

Get them Nic and I still LOVE BEN!!!!

Trooper Tom

Why is she famous? she had a trivial tv show years ago and has done nothing since except wander around getting pragnant and shopping

jrad247

I'd hit that....

Tila Is Trash

TMZ, they're NOT married yet. And I'd like to know myself why the paparazzi are still following this useless slut around. Enough with these reality whores. I suggest they find some REAL celebrities to follow around, like they used to do...or don't they exist anymore?

LakersFan

Good job Nicole. These paps are out to kill people all for a damn photo of a person getting out of their car. Ridiculous

becca

parker

I wonder why celebrities haven't gotten together to publish a website that lists the names and addresses of stalkers like this, offering rewards for photographs of them and their children. They have become public figures themselves by association, so it should be fun to see them and their children followed.

Susan

3. How can these posts be 4:30 and 4:47 PM PT time when it's only early afternoon in LA?

8. I live in Nevada West Coast time and its only 3:00 pm how is Hollywood on a diffrent time?

REALLY? REALLY?? Do you not see the ET after the time posted? That means EASTERN STANDARD TIME..which is 3 hours ahead of CA. OH..CA AND NV is Pacific Standard Time (PST)..

EE

PEOPLE!! "ET" means Eastern time!! So if something is posted at 4:30pm ET, it happened at 1:30pm Pacific!!

Just sayin'

The UNWED mother of two lied about being married.
Don't worry sweetheart, maybe you'll find someone who loves you enough to marry you someday!

Anita

Joel is really dragging his heel to the altar, isn't he LOL?

There was always this hesitancy in his voice when he said "um,er,yeah, we want to be a family" after Harlow was born.
It was both funny and sad. Guess nothing has changed.

Jaydee

Nicole should be happy anyone still want to take her picture! She is a nobody! So she's restricting 2 people from taking pics, what about the other 100??? She decided to be a "celebrity" when she was being an attention whore- it comes with the territory you idiot!

romanzick@yahoo.com

people should aware and very careful with thing related online, not only artist or famous people, but all of us

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments