Maria Shriver -- Sweet Street Justice!

11/25/2009 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Not to be outdone by hubby Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver broke two more road rules yesterday, but again she got off scot-free.

0221_media_removed-1
The rebellious First Lady of California was walking out of Peet's Coffee in Santa Monica when a vigilant parking enforcement officer noticed her meter had expired. The officer pulled out his rusty, trusty "auto-cite" device to ticket the vehicle, when suddenly one of Maria's security dudes ran up to him, flashed something at the officer and did some fast talking.

In the end, the officer backed off without writing a ticket. Maria then got in her SUV, took off her glasses and began eating her muffin as the expired meter continued blinking.

Oh, and there's this .... she drove off without securing her seat belt.

A Santa Monica police official tells TMZ writing a parking ticket is "discretionary." He also said if Maria was on official business she'd be exempt from parking laws, provided she had a placard on the dash. We saw no placard and -- last we checked -- eating a muffin is not official business.

UPDATE: A Santa Monica police official now tells TMZ the parking enforcement officer was about to write the ticket when a man walked up to the officer and said he was a member of the CHP Dignitary Protection Unit. The CHP guy then said he understood the officer had a job to do but the dignitary would be gone in less than 5 minutes. At that point the parking enforcement officer backed off, but issued a warning.

As for Maria then getting in the SUV, eating a muffin and driving off without her seat belt, the parking official says his officer didn't see that.

We contacted the CHP -- they have no comment on the situation.

Sassy

I like her but this makes me think less of her

Brother Harold, S.J.

THIS WRETCHED WOMAN THINKS SHE CAN BREAK ANY DAMN LAW SHE PLEASES AND GET AWAY WITH IT--AND SHE GETS AWAY WITH IT! CALIFORNIA DESERVES HER AND HER MISERABLE HUSBAND THE GOVERNOR. I FIND THEM BOTH UTTERLY ARROGANT AND UTTERLY DISGUSTING

Aaron

Whatever happened to the three strike rule? Driving is a privledge and she obviously has no respect for the rules of the road. The MVA should take away her liscense until she learns the rules on the road. This is why politicians think they are above the law, because we allowed them to think it. America at its best.

Raejean

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about what scofflaws these people are. So the question is, who the heck is going to bust them except the citizens?

Like I've long said, once a Kennedy, always a Kennedy.

Amber

jesus christ... can't someone do something about the three lifeless posters ruining the comments on TMZ? Bags of rancid labia...

oprah

TMZ you are exaggerating the story....just like the Obama administration: nasty and corrupt! that's what you guys are...I can tell Harvey is a democrat because he is gay. Conservatives has values!

What a BRAT! An awful example....the both of them. I am starting to not like them a lot. I call for CELEBRITY JUSTICE!

Iris

So what? Big deal... stop following other people around and get a life people. Just cause she didn't wear a seatbelt or feed the meter?? Lol you've got to be kidding me...

Machelle

I'm not rich, but I
put money in parking
meters. I'm not a genius,
but I don't park in the
red zone. These people feel
a sense of entitlement, which
makes me, being a law abiding
citizen. pissed off.

KCRosie

Must be a really slow news day. Or is this some sort of social experiment designed to see how long it takes to beat some non-issue until it actually becomes an issue?

abraham

Alright TMZ. This is getting old. Just because your photographers happen too be there does not mean a law is broken. I don't know about anyone else but you are not guilty of violating a law until you are successfully convicted in an open court of law. TMZ photographers are not a court. I promise if everyone here was hounded by paparazzi you would be shocked how many ticky tack laws you violate during the course of a day. Does everyone here keep their hands at two and ten on the steering wheel? What about passing on the right? What about signaling 100 feet before a lane change or a turn? I talk on my cell phone any damn time a please and just take my chances. And so does everyone else. Is she parked? Or is in the driving lane and it only appears as if she is parked in front of a red zone? Where I lived there are a few places with red zones on each side of the driving lane. They don't want people parking in the lane and blocking the flow of traffic. But if someone were to take a still picture of me at the right time it could easily look as if I were parked. Also, TMZ does not have the power to issue tickets. If no cop so you do it then no law was broke.

TJ

Some day she is going to Kill a kid while being so self-absorbed, and GET AWAY WITH IT like her uncle Teddy.
Nothing is going to change with the Kennedy's.

doc murry

someone please feed that stick woman some food,,you know dam well arnold likes his girels to have some meat on their bones so ya know he is getting some strange every night,,
FREE DR MURRY HE IS NOT A ANIMAL HE IS A GOD

Jomica Man

Clear example of both Arnie and Maria enjoying celebrity status as all the others that get away with breaking laws that only apply to the regular people. Parking in the red, talking on the cell phone while driving, not buckling up, the list will continue to grow. The bodyguard must have presented the problems to follow if a ticket was issued. Spineless law enforcement will always give them a break. Hey Arnold, can't wait until you are out of office. You've certainly duped a lot of people in California, namely your fellow Republicans.

RedBird

She's a Democrat.....obviously the rules don't apply to her.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments