Vegas Mayor

Rips 'Fat and Short

Bette Midler'

11/28/2009 7:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One sign Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman might be a bad auctioneer: He turned down the highest bidder ... and then called her a "fat and short Bette Midler."

Oscar Goodman: Click to watch
The Mayor let the unbelievable diss loose at a recent auction in Sin City, after a woman he repeatedly said looked like the Divine, red-haired, Vegas performer entered a bid of $2,750 for the item on the auction block.

In the video -- shot from a distance -- Goodman says he won't accept her money because "she's fat and she's short."

The other auctioneer quickly tried to steer the auction back on track ... but the damage had been done.

Going once, going twice ... cold!

Lesley

I love my mayor!

Amber Berglund

but that guy is old and going bald and apparently has a drinking problem. I don't think he has room to comment on anyone else's appearance.

There's still discrimination against women in America. It's not ok. I don't care if it was a joke, it's still NOT OK.

Raejean

Too bad Vegas doesn't have higher standards for its elected officials. He looks kind of a like an alcoholic Mr. Whipple to me.

And no, it's tasteless, tacky, rude, discriminatory, and just not funny. The old coot needs to be slapped with some reality.

Mister D

What in the hell is wrong with your city? What has Bette Midler ever done to deserve this type of treatment. Good thing she's leaving.....

Ne$h

he's an ass

Sherri

He should be ashamed! If he doesnt have the good common sense to keep his fool mouth shut instead of insulting a woman publicly, he doesnt have the good common sense to be a mayor. He should be REMOVED from his title as Mayor, the freakin idiot! No wonder Vegas is full of prostitution and other crap....look who is running it!

Sin City bound

Bette M. didnt do anything for this city. Her shows never sold out, she refused to show up for any of our charity events she was invited to, and speaking as an employee of Caesars...she was HORRIBLE to work with.

excretive producer

Goodman is like a bad martini - wet at the vermouth with shriveled olives and a cracked swizzle stick.

Fashionlessssss

A bit of education:

Goodman is the Mayor of Las Vegas which is MOSTLY DOWNTOWN NOT THE STRIP OR THE MAJORITY OF THIS VALLEY! The strip is in Winchester and is surrounded by other townships known as Clark County which DOES NOT HAVE A MAYOR and is governed by Clark County Commissioners GOODMAN HAS NO SAY! He's a small time punk that got lucky and got the job. He's in his last term. Only ignorant people think Oscar is a good mayor.

unknown

unknown

Due to the waste of time that I allow to be consumed with such trivia as this website and the confirmations of scandals not to be repeated, I have decided to cut to the quick. I am announcing my candidacy for Mayor of Las Vegas. Please contain your lauds of gratitude until I've completed my statements, thank you. As outspoken and drunken as Mayor Goodman may have been, I promise I will offend more people in multitudes of multifarious ways that will make every scandal ridden government official blush with shocking horror at the fantastic tales of my debauchery! Thank you, and may the good bad get better!

jeezlouise

13. Once again my humorous comments have failed to be sent to my e-mail account in order that I may confirm said comment. Confound you all! I have important statements of relevance to confer in a timely manner! Outrageous that I am to go unheard before my attempt to offer my perspective on matters of public interest are refuted! Falderal and balderdash!

Posted at 3:41AM on Nov 28th 2009 by Umbrage!

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/oscar-goodman-las-vegas-bette-midler-short-fat-auction-mayor/#comments#ixzz0Y8yKhYMH
I love this comment

Chappaquiddick

The mob should come back and run Vegas again, at least they did it with class.

uh?

Vote in a drunk rat and act surprised at his behaviour? In a town with the worst infrastructure in the United States?

Skank

As disgusting as he looks, I don't think he could pay ME to take him out! YUK! Look who's calling the kettle black!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments