« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Statement

'I Let My Family Down'

12/2/2009 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TW Statement
Tiger Woods
has just released the following statement on his website:

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Only marry foreign women

Well written like by a lawyer or publicist. She still gets your kids and half you earned.

Only marry foreign women

Is this the line to lose my kids and half my stuff?

RITE ING KLAS

Yeah tabloids. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Bestblogs.asia

I guess it took him all those days to come up with this. But what is he apologising for exactly?

XYZ...

how could you TIGER....

MJ's Fans

yeah yeah..
____________________

tegister your name with us letting Michael know that you'll be there for him when he comes back:

Fleet Pete

Translation, I f'd up and I am sorry...go away tabloids.
Let me deal with this in private. Sorry Tiger...that is not how the game is played. Get ready for more.

abcd77771

ha ha.....

oprah

Forget about Tiger, we have major problems in America...

READ THIS
LIBERALS!!!!!

Subject: Exact quotes from the Obama/Pelosi Health Care Bill... PLEASE, THIS IS A MUST READ!!

IF YOU DON’T READ ANYTHING ELSE, BE SURE TO LOOK AT THE QUOTE BELOW FROM PAGES 58 & 59!!!

WOW!! Let's hear it for the Judge!

I read an excellent article in our local paper, the River Cities Tribune, published in Marble Falls, TX, the 17th of August. It was written by our former county judge, David Kithil. He voiced his opposition to HB 3200, and gave EXACT SPECIFICS, to include page and paragraph in the bill on why this Health Bill is BAD.

Thomas Edwards, editor of the River Cities Tribune, was contacte d to get legal permission to quote David Kithil's comments. Permission was granted, so here are excerpts from the article, giving EXACT pages and paragraphs in the bill and why it is so bad.

You can forward this to all of your email contacts. I think Judge Kithil hits everything right on the head,and the opposition you may encounter cannot argue over these points:

JUDGE KITHIL wrote:

"I have reviewed selected sections of the bill and find it unbelievable that our Congress, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, could come up with a bill loaded with so many wrong-headed elements.

How many of us believe our federal government can manage a new program any better than the bankrupt Medicare program or the
under funded Social Security program?

"Both Republicans and Democrats are equally responsible for the financial mess of those two programs.

"I am opposed to HB 3200 for a number of reasons. To start with, it is estimated that a federal bureaucracy of more than 150,000 new employees will be required to administer HB3200. That is an unacceptable expansion of a government that is already too intrusive in our lives. If we are going to hire 150,000 new employees, let's put them to work protecting our borders, fighting the massive drug problem and putting more law enforcement/firefighters out there."

NOW, here comes the good stuff:

JUDGE KITHIL continued: "Other problems I have with this bill include:

** Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

** Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

** Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

** Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?)

** Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.

** Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.

** Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.

** Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years.

** Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

HAD ENOUGH???? Judge Kithil then goes on:

" Finally, it is specifically stated this bill will not apply to members of Congress. Members of Congress are already exempt from the Social Security system and have a well-funded private plan that covers their retirement needs. If they were on our Social Security plan, I believe they would find a very quick "fix" to make the plan financially sound for the future."

Honorable David Kithil
Marble Falls , Texas

Elizabeth

one is a mistake...two is a pattern...three is a trip to divorce court

Machelle

Too much money
Married too young
Not very smart about it
Horrible taste in mistresses

cathy

i cant believe you did this tiger!!!! ive lost all respect for you and dont care to watch you anymore..I feel so bad for your wife and kids...leave him once a cheater always a cheater

ellen

You are not my bowl of rice...not my bowl of rice...not my bowl of rice!

Michele

I feel so sorry for Elin - I've been through this recently with my husband, and it's gut wrenching to find out that the one you've been faithful and devoted to has been anything but it return. I hope she's got the support of family and friends, and I hope she's got enough self worth and self respect to leave him....I don't.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments