Quentin Tarantino

Sticks to His Shoguns

12/6/2009 2:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Here's one of those things celebs do in foreign countries in the hopes it will never see the light of day in the U.S. -- sorry, Quentin.

The crazy commercial is for a Japanese cell phone company called Softbank -- and get this: you get a free dog-shaped cell phone speaker if you sign up with them.

Still no explanation for Quentin Tarantino's cameo ... or the bad acting.

spjunkies

w00t welcome back Klown!!!

pink floyd

even his commercials are crap.

MightyMad

... Exactly how the hell do we know that the acting's bad here? Since I don't speak Japanese, I have no idea what's going on, therefore I cannot give a non-biased opinion on the whole thing. So, if someone who understand Japanese could give us a synopsis on this ad, that would be helpful...

Then again, can someone name me a commercial were the acting was, let's say, OSCAR WORTHY?!

Simone - the real one

This website is so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inny

He looks like a monster.

Infact, he looks like (Jaws) Richard Kiel...

from the James Bond movies Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me.

Except Richard Kiel was beautiful compared to him.

snickers

Sure it's not a Kill Bill 3 clip? The quality of scripting and acting is just the same.

Brrrr

Actually not that bad at all, pretty funny, if you understand little Japanese, if you understand more Japanese, then it might be a different story.

Brother Harold, S.J.

THIS GUY IS INDESCRIBABLY UGLY. AND HIS CRAPPY PICTURE ARE NO BETTER.

dmaninsac

I actually thought it was pretty funny. Seemed better than a lot of the crappy commercials in the U.S.

Owl

I find it incredibly humorous that you call out QT on being a sell out when you force viewers to watch a 30 second commercial to watch a 30 second clip.

Roger

What is the all the fuss about? Its a silly commercial that has a famous director in it. If I didn’t know better I would say he was making fun of himself. You know… fun! Something most people resent because they can’t have it.
Jealousy over having a fun time. Inexcusable!!!!!

TheBugMan

I want that little white doggie to hump my leg!

/(^.^) wooof!!!