'18 Kids and Counting' Mom Rushed to Hospital

12/8/2009 2:57 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle DuggarMichelle Duggar -- star of the reality show "18 Kids and Counting" and currently pregnant with numero 19 -- was airlifted to the hospital on Saturday, but all is well.

She was experiencing contractions, but it turned out it was just gallstones. A rep for TLC says, "At this time, Michelle and her unborn baby are both stable and resting. Mrs. Duggar is in good spirits and feeling much better."

Dr. Lowery, chairman of the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UAMS Medical Center says, "We have every reason at present to expect that mother and baby will proceed with a healthy pregnancy. Mrs. Duggar is in good spirits and feeling much better."

gemma

Get well soon Michele,I'm prsying for you and your whole family,I love to watch your show and you and your family are a real inspiration.

moe l.

Are they sure she has gallstones and those are not a few new embryos? This family is disfunctional. Perhaps all 19 of the kids will take mom's example and have 19 of their own. That would be 361 from 2 in just 2 generations. Anyone want to call that responsible?

Lauri

Air lifted--for possible contractions, why? Gallstones are common in women--especially if you've had a child, in her case gallstones were inevitable...

zalie

Team Duggar!
(not like they need me...I mean, there's 138 of them....but still...)

Belladonna

They should tell her they are taking out her gallbladder and tie her tubes while she's out!! Someone stop these people.

abby

The entire family needs to be sterilized.

Debi

So great they know how to have sex...what an accomplishment. Now, what about parenting all 18? I am not talking about their older children doing the parenting. What about becoming responsible with their reproductive organs and teach their children the same? Continuing to shoot out children just because it is possible is hardly responsible parenting.

Jeff L

This woman and her husband should be shot. Why so many kids? Very selfish if you ask me...

sunshine0576

Stop having freaking kids. This world is over populated and this idiot keeps having kids. She is putting her unborn children at risk because A. she has had so many damn kids and B. she is too freaking old to have kids. I cannot tell you how much these people annoy me.

mimi

these some good people, but they need to lock this woman up lol, 19 babies are u serious? please when she has this one give her a hysterctomy, ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, leave her with just the box it came in.

natalie

i hopeshe feels better-but why does she need anymore kids her health is in jeopardy.

Lindsay

this woman is a moron putting herself at risk, just to say she is having another child... is she thinking about her other 18???? how would they bode without her, if something were to go terribly wrong? she has a brain the size of a pea!

bikerchic

I used to watch this show now and then, only for the "freak show" aspect of it, but when I learned that they do not allow their children to dance, I tuned out. That is just ridiculous! Little girls love to twirl around like ballerina's. How do you not allow that?! Just sick.

Voice Of Reason

Lets Get Real !!!!!! We judge sooo many, WHO CAN'T SAY THAT THIS IS NOT TORTURE FOR THESE CHILDREN!!! I have watched the show, Yes I really did!!!! I would say that it is almost like a high-end but almost trashy colt. I will never support by watching it again, TLC has to stop

the seer

This woman isn't going to stop until she kills herself, then where will her kids be? There is definitely something weird about how they keep having so many, how all their names start with "J", and they dress those girls like old time farm women! It's not a family, it's a CULT. Time for social services to step in, and for us to stop filling their pockets with money by watching their show!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments