« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gillette: Tiger Woods Not the Best a Man Can Get

12/12/2009 1:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods won't be telling American men about close shaves anymore -- Gillette is officially phasing him out of their ads.

Tiger Woods

The company -- owned by perennially G-rated Procter & Gamble -- has announced it's phasing Tiger out of its ads while he sorts out his personal life. Translation -- they're dumping him.

Gillette is the first major sponsor to cut and run from the famed golfer.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

raLU

THEY'RE ALL TRYING TO DESTROY HIM NOW.. what's wrong with this world...

Tia

Way to go Gillette. This man has made an absolute mess of his life. He isn't the person I thought he was AT ALL. Well now that he is fleeing to Sweden with the family, we won't have to watch him anymore. But of course that won't stop the legal pundits news magazines from analyzing this manwhore to death. Bottom like he f__ked up. Literally!

Joann

This is not surprising. I don't know if Tiger really understands what he has done to himself, his family and his profession.

I hope he gets the help he needs to overcome his addiction and to get on with his life. I don't know if his wife will stay by his side or not or if he will ever return to golf.

To be given such a great gift as to master a game to the point that he did then throw it all away because of uncontrollable lust leaves me shaking my head. Did he NOT think at some point in time this would come out or did he think he was above getting caught because he was a great golfer and all the world loved him.

I know his father is turning over in his grave.

Steve

...and the walls came tumbling down...

Gram8

What Tiger did is not right by any means, but if his wife is willing to try to save their marriage why can't everyone give them a break. After all there have been many men much more famous and important to this country that didn't recieve the kind of criticism this man has ( right off the top of my head John F. Kennedy comes to mind ). By the way, I am a woman who has been married 41 years to the same man and do not condone what he has done, but do think he needs time to work at saving his marriage without the world and the companies he works for getting in the middle of it and making things even harder for the family.

The Padrino Dot Com

Tiger has admitted his guilt and retreated into privacy by withdrawing from golf.Here is Tiger’s statement....

I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say…… again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I’ve done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What’s most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person. Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period.

The Padrino Dot Com

pennyb638

TALK ABOUT "CLOSE SHAVES"...HE'LL BE LUCKY TO GET OUT OF THIS ONE!!

ABB

Tiger, you f'd up big time man, I like you and all, but this is the price to pay.

Good for P&G as for NIKE, I'm NEVER buying anything from them ever again.

918

I have no issues if a company stands by Tiger. Heck it is a lot easy to say you want nothing to do with someone in a time of crisis. You know if and when Tiger starts winning again companies will jump right back on the bandwagon like nothing happened.

The Real Story

Jones said that was because golf is currently off-season, so the company is promoting new products like Gillette Fusion MVP with football and baseball stars instead, because those seasons are more current.

As any ads featuring Woods expire, they will not be renewed. Jones said that did not mean the company was severing its ties with Woods.

Wiseronenow

This tells me something even bigger is ready to hit the fan on the Woods story. Proctor and Gamble are doing a pre-emptive strike of their own before that happens. Ergo: no association with Tiger.

Stephanie

Re: Gram8 "...I am a woman who has been married 41 years to the same man and do not condone what he has done, but do think he needs time to work at saving his marriage without the world and the companies he works for getting in the middle of it and making things even harder for the family".

I hear what you're saying. The problem is, these advertisiers pay millions of dollars to spokespeople who they feel will best represent their brand. Tiger is now indelibly tarnished - he admitted guilt yesterday, so it's no longer a conspiracy against him. The advertisiers need to worry about their bottom line, and if the spokesperson is under intense scrutiny over personal issues that affect integrity, they have to make a financial decision.

LAUGHS AT YOU

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I know the trailer trash is grinning from ear to ear with the thought that Tiger has lost everything and it makes you feel better given your station in life. If you read between the lines and in some news stories, you already see the rehab going on (and I doubt he is going to start clipping coupons...lol). If the plethora of athletes who have done far worse and have survived just fine, I suspect Tiger and his handlers already have a plan in motion to do the same.

While it is intellectually and morally lazy to ascribe labels that you fare no better with, I suppose it isn't any worse than accepting his superhuman mythical persona in the first place. Grow up. He will come out of this just fine and the world will be just as imperfect as it is today. When people watch him play golf, they aren't thinking what a great guy he is (he has always come off as a jerk anyway), they are in awe that he can make things happen that no one else can. Are his audiences attracted by the fist pump and winning the Open on a bad knee, or the staged photos with his family (Mickleson too...lol)? I really don't think he cares whether you buy products he endorses, because you cant anyway...

BTW...his commercials and viability were based on his power and dominance, not his moral superiority. His marketing was geared towards the successful and powerful (any of you buying $2000 watches or calling Accenture for outsourcing advice?), and if he decides to come back to the links, you think he wont be just as viable? In fact, his escapades enhance his image in that respect.

Pop another Schlitz everyone...yeehaw!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quiet

All this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Every rope has an end !
R.I.P. Tiger
Less money will come in and a lot will got out to stop all these women from talking in legal and shut up fees.
Again, may i ask.. Where's the Propofol ?

rendez-vous

kate moss sniffs coke:she won 22 agreements!
Tiger Woods cheats his wife:he lost agreements! crazy