FBI Delays Release of MJ Extortion Documents

12/21/2009 3:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MIchael JacksonThe FBI will not release Michael Jackson documents relating to the molestation investigations as well as extortion attempts -- at least not today.

The 333 pages of formerly-classified documents were supposed to be released today but the snow in Washington D.C. has caused a delay of at least one day.

As for what's in the documents ... sources tell TMZ during the 1993 Michael Jackson child molestation investigation, the late great Johnnie Cochran contacted the FBI, claiming the accuser's family was trying to extort money from Jackson with false allegations. It's likely Cochran's contact with the agency will show up when the documents are released.

Irene

I've never been so affected by someones passing as that of MJ's. I think because he was so much a part of my 'growing-up', his music, following the events in his life, etc. Felt like I lost a little piece of myself when he died. I can't really explain it to this day except it still affects me even all these months later.
Posted at 3:31PM on Dec 21st 2009 by janalal4
==============================================
Yes, I feel the same way, he's been here all my life and recently I watched a program on television and they were showing the 911-call, the ambulance etc. I was in tears, again, and it still hurts a lot.
It's irreversible, there's no way we can turn back time, I wish we could.

lizzy76

I agree with janala14, it is almost 6 months later and whenever I read something I still feel bad. Yes, he was a huge part of my childhood(to the point when MTV would play a million videos of him, I would be like come on already! lol), and he was the greatest entertainer ever, I just thought there would always be more to come.. I was waiting, in fact I was talking to my friend a few weeks before he died and said I heard Michael's coming out with a new album and my friend said "Thank goodness" some real music finally. But, the thing that gets to me the most is his kids, I feel awful for them. They seem like they were very well behaved, intelligent children and always happy. That shows right there that he wasn't as bad as the "haters" seem to think. Even people who were not fond of him have stated he was best as "dad". So, people forget that when they write these things about him, there are 3 little kids that they are ultimately hurting, because they are the only ones who knew the "real" man behind the mask. I wish people would think before these kids get the worst of it.

moni

Hello Irene and all the other fans on the board,

it's a great idea to light a candle for Michael at Christmas, all fans at the same time!
The time difference between Middle-Europe (e.g. Holland) and the US-East-Coast should be six hours, to the Pacific coast nine hours. So, if it's 7 p.m. at Holland, it should be 1 p.m. in New York and 10 a.m. in L.A. (hope I calculated right ...)

I will light a candle, too. Merry Christmas, Michael.

the peoples court

light a candle & Burn Some Of The Little Freaks CD's

Posted at 3:24PM on Dec 21st 2009 by OhWell

SPOT ON POINT. BUT SORRY I DON'T OR WOULDN'T OWN THAT CRAP.

the peoples court

CLASSIC ROCK IS WHAT RULES

Irene

Posted at 3:46PM on Dec 21st 2009 by moni

=================================================
Hi moni, so good to see you here again and great you will light a candle too! Maybe it's better to light it at eight in the evening here in europe, so in America everybody will be awake by then.

moni

Hi Irene,

thanks, nice to see you as well! Everything's fine in Holland? I read you've got a lot of snow, it's the same down here in Bavaria, such a beautiful atmosphere. Sorry if I've posted that before – but last week, I think it was Friday, I went home by car through the snowy landscape, saw all the enlightened christmas-trees in the gardens, and suddenly „Man in the Mirror“ was up in the radio. It was so wonderful and so sad at the same time. Heaven, what a loss – and it still hurts just as badly as in summertime.

Yes, I think lightening the candle at 8 p.m. middle-european time could be beautiful – maybe even later, I think everyone over here will anyway have a long, long night that day!

Liberian Girl

I can only pray these files get released. The 1993 WERE an extortion attempt at a very sophisticated level. The court system and FBI wasted time on the molestation charges instead of looking at the extortion. The f*ing press barely mentioned Michael countersuing for extortion. Sad the man had to die before all of this comes to light. Michael always said lies run sprints but the truth runs marathons. God rest your wonderful soul Michael Joseph Jackson. The world needed more unbiased loving souls of your nature.

Vanesa

It was all big invent, even though i HATE the Chandler family, i must admit they did a wonderful job(specially the father Evan Chandler who is now dead, making the boy lie, making a whole LIE like a perfec t SCREENPLAY, Evan Chandler did his best,

a movie about this extortion case should be done sometime, that Chandler did all the right moves, i dont like anyone dying, but Evan Chandler ruined MJ's life and he deserved DEATH, sorry, but thats the truth, YOU WILL SEE

Irene

Posted at 4:05PM on Dec 21st 2009 by moni

------------------------------------------------
Yes, it's that special atmosphere that makes me sad and amazed at the same time. It's so beautiful outside, a silent white world. Feeling so sad for the kids and everybody who loves and misses Michael and I hope he feels all that love.
All I want for Christmas is him being here with us, but that magic will never happen. The only thing we can do is remember him because he will only be realy dead the moment we forget about him.

Michelle

Duh they were trying to extort money from Michael! Anyone who doesn't know this by now is just a hater so who cares what they think.

God bless you Michael and thank you for all the wonder and joy that you have brought to this world! At least most of us know that you were innocent.

pia

I ordered Micheal's Opus back in September and still have not recieved it, has anyone that ordered it recieved theirs yet?

oreo

76. 67. Michael Jackson was a talented person but... the guy was weird and NO I don't want to hear he is misunderstood or we're just ignorant people because that's not the case. He had problems and needed help. And for people to sit here and make excuses for the way he behaved sometimes is just ridiculous.
2009 by he needed help

Oh the F@ck do you know, you never spent one minute with him, talked to him, nothing. You don't know SH@T. Good, then don't come here then. I'd like to see what your sorry life looks like, how much charity work and money you've given away. how many millions and millions and millions of albums you've sold, how many presidents, kings, queens, the richest of the richest you've met. how many awards you've won. you many times you've traveled around the world, continent to continent. you many times you did entire TOURs and given all the money to charity.

Shut the f@ck up. Worry about your own sorry life and problems.

Posted at 3:03PM on Dec 21st 2009 by you need help

The same goes for you shut the f@ck up. You don't know him either so you don't even know how he really was. And come on get real, just because he gave to charity and this and that don't mean a damn thing.

nan

i have always found michael jackson to be very attractive.men and women both are drawn to him..yes i would have in a new york minute

moni

Posted at 4:19PM on Dec 21st 2009 by Irene

Oh yes! And he definitely won't be dead as long as we are talking about him – that's why I'm glad that still, six months after he's gone, so many people from so many different countries come to boards like this and share their thoughts (although I'm a more passive ”user“). I really take comfort from that. Hey, what would we do without that meeting-place Internet?