T.I. -- From the Big House to a Halfway House

12/22/2009 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper T.I. was released from prison in Arkansas today after serving seven months behind bars -- and the rapper's lawyer says he'll spend the rest of his sentence living in a halfway house.

T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris -- was sentenced to 366 days in the Forrest City penitentiary earlier this year, after he was busted in 2007 for sending his bodyguard out to buy machine guns and silencers.

T.I.'s lawyer, Steve Sadow, told the Atlanta-Journal Constitution that the rapper is expected to report to Dismas Charities Atlanta West in Georgia tonight -- where he'll live in a halfway house for the next three months.

After his sentence is completed, T.I. still has to complete 500 hours of community service and 23 days of home incarceration.

Truth hurts

When he finishes "paying" for his crimes, he'll write a few more crappy gangbanger songs on all the time he did, then he'll end his ass back in the slammer. Guns guns guns. Just what loser rappers like him need.
What you know about that....

martini

You never listen to one of TI songs obviously

Jojo

yay! T.I.'s a free man!

Machelle

I'm glad he got out,
he's learned his lesson
no doubt.
Now he can get back to
what he does best.

wheat thin

i bet he liked what he saw inside - no more soap-on-a-rope for him. mighty fine pretty boys in there, right T.I.?

Your Face

Love u TIP - Welcome Home

phyllis

TI. I'm so glad you're out!!!! I know your wife, children, and the rest of your family and loved ones are overjoyed! I'm sure you'll be able to give good advice to any young person that might want to go down a difficult road. I read the views of some of the hate filled jerks on this page. Did you laugh at their stupidity as much as I did? I would think most of the men you came in contact with would have shown you much respect and perhaps wanted advice from you as well. I would also doubt very seriously that the officials would allow any celebrity to be subjected to anything that would cause them grief by negative reports about their protection, knowing they'd be put under nationwide, no, worldwide scrutiny, and open themselves up to possible prosecution!!! You we're, are, and always will be much of a man. This experience will only make you stronger. I say that for the imbeciles that were writing negative garbage. Some folks feed off of the misfortune of those doing better than themselves. I suppose it makes them feel bigger or better in their own deluded imaginations. They're no doubt just jealous broke jokes, aware you've got much love, fame and $$$$$ awaiting you. You've got many more supporters that look for, see, and can't wait to hear more of the good in you. "Live your life TI", your fans are so glad you "found your way back home"

so sick

T.I.P is one dope ass rapper, I have all his CD'S. Sounds like a bunch of RACISTS on this page, straight HATERS!! If you heard why he was buying those guns you'd understand. He was AFRAID for his life. Cops wouldn't protect him and there are murderers on the loose, nobody has been caught for his friends death. You all need to EDUCATE yourselfs on hate and ignorance!!

rbknight

I am glad he is set free he should not have been there in the first place. We love T.I. and we are white folks! I can't wait to hear new songs written. Just live your life T.I and ignore all of the haters!!!

* WHiSKY GiRL *

AGREE WITH #10 REAL TALK - WELCOME HOME T.I

my my my

yep thats just what arkansas needs one more black gangster in our prisons but he won,t change they never do. hes black enough said.

jones

amazing, a snitch gets out of jail. machine guns and silencers with a felony record........no way not even cheney can get away with that without dimes dropping.

Ball`s has no Ball`s

Good one Kooky!

veronica

im soooooooo glad he is finally out no one is perfect in this world only god can judge us!

A Man Among Men

Good for you, T.I.

You are a talented artist, and you seem to be a pretty stand-up guy. I wish you the best in your future endeavors. :)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments