Charlie Sheen

Busted

for Domestic Violence

12/26/2009 2:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Domestic ViolenceUPDATE:
Sources tell TMZ the alleged victim is Sheen's wife, Brooke Mueller. Sheen's publicist, Stan Rosenfield, says, "Do not be mislead by appearance. Appearance and reality can be as different as night and day. It would benefit everyone not to jump to any conclusion."

Charlie Sheen
was arrested yesterday in Aspen, Colorado for an alleged domestic violence incident and is being held in jail without bond.

Police responded after a 911 call was made at 8:34 AM on Friday. When cops arrived, they arrested the 44-year-old "Two and a Half Men" star for felony second degree assault, felony menacing and criminal mischief, a misdemeanor. Cops say all three charges are "coupled with a domestic violence component."

The name of the victim was not disclosed.

An ambulance arrived on scene, but the alleged victim was not transported.

Sheen will stay in the Pitkin County Jail until he appears before a judge -- his court date has not been set.

Also, Colorado law mandates a protective order between someone arrested of domestic violence and the alleged victim.

More Today in TMZ History

roonie

LOL--God sure knows how to say shut the f**k up!!! i have seen alot of white people get on their high horses over this tiger woods incident---i think this is just God saying " shut the F**k up , you are no better..."//////LMAO

MISS-KITKAT

NO! You were doing so good..

cubalibre

Why am I not surprised??? Did Ms. Muller imagine he would treat her with respect, patience and kindness after the "honeymoon" wore off? He's a serial sex addict and abuser! He's done this with every woman he's been married to-- and however imperfect the ex-wives may have been as people, they didn't deserve this. Nor does Ms. Muller. If she's smart, she'll divorce him posthaste.

Mike Tyson

Well it looks like another episode of Two & a half Men just wrote itself. And Alan and Berta can't even bail him out until Monday.Perfect !

Karen

"mislead" should be "misled" in the statement--where's your "sic"!

Boatguy

Charlie: Aspen is such a nice little town and you had to go trash it..

nindy

I hate it tha the kids and the wife had to have this happen. That part is sad.
but I was all alone this year and feeling pretty down til I read this and realized hoe fortunate I really am in life....
Thank you Charlie for being a bigger loser than me!!!
oh and Merry Christmas Denise, best present he ever got you Im sure!!! I know Denise has to be doing the Happy Dance!!!

Editor

It's amazing all nothing better to do but surf tmz on christmas dimwits think you know all there is to know about the story before it's even come out. You are a joke and pathetic.

Jennifer

This is not new News.. His wife has been shopping around for a lawyer for the past month and half.. Charlie relapsed months ago. Please TMZ is really slow on this one...

TnRidgeRunner

What a loser, he looks deranged and stoned in the pic, probally some rx med abuse. He was apparently quite abusive to Denise Richards too, she left him when she was 6 months pregnant,that should have been a major warning sign. I hope he does some time before he really injures or kills someone.

I BE DARNELL

ONE, MORE TIME BOMB...WAITING TO GO OFF...BEEN UNSTABLE FOR A VERY LONG TIME. WHEN WILL THE INDUSTRY WEED, THESE PEOPLE OUT, ONCE AND FOR ALL. THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE ,ON THE SLAG HEAP.

CuriousInCa

So since no court date has been set...and he has to stay in jail until he sees the judge..and it's the holidays and a weekend..is he staying in jail until MONDAY?!?!?!?! Merry Christmas, Charlie!

Mike

Hey that's only 200 miles from me (Denver)! Does TMZ needs a hand?

nindy

I never said a word about Tiger .... I did read all the comments and Im white!!!
charlie has a very long history of this!!
and if you think were pathetic for being on here.... pot quit calling the kettle black!!! STFU
I hope Denise and all of his formers have a great Christmas hearing this!!!

Anita

I knew they were on ther rocks when his wife was hanging out with Denise.