Lawyer: Jon Gosselin's Apartment Cut to Pieces

12/27/2009 2:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lawyer: Jon Gosselin's Apartment Cut to PiecesThe damage to Jon Gosselin's apartment is far worse than we thought -- according to his attorney, a "butcher knife" wielding maniac sliced and diced the entire place into a million pieces.

Jon's attorney tells TMZ ... when Jon entered his Manhattan apartment this afternoon, he found his "shoes, shirts, luggage, bed, curtain, rugs and other furnishings" had been slashed by a "sick perpetrator" -- and it doesn't stop there.

We're told Jon's television, CD player, coffee maker, a Nintendo Wii game, dishes, pots and pans were taken from his apartment. Jon's attorney also says a Ming vase, believed to be over 100 years old ... was "smashed to pieces."

As for the note that was left behind ... it was "speared" to Jon's bedroom dresser with a butcher knife.

As we first reported, law enforcement sources say Hailey Glassman's name was signed at the bottom of the note -- but that doesn't mean she had anything to do with it.

Jon's attorney says the NYPD fingerprinted and photographed the scene today ... and Jon wants felony charges brought against whoever is responsible.

Celebritypirate

I couldn't help but build a collection of these hilarious comments http://www.uncensoredentertainmentnews.com/uen/jon-gosselins-apartment-gets-butchered-by-hailey-glassman.html.

I don't know what to think about Jon Gosselin but the COMMENTS are amazingly funny.

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

Does this mean he will no longer sport his douchewear? Please have destroyed his ugly Gucci shoes, the ugly Ed Hardy garb (the tigers on the pockets for his age group were just a major douchestake!)

Now the Armani peacoat and expensive suit and ties and dress shoes, those were tolerable, but what else in his cheesy apartment could have added up to 100 grand like USMag's "source*coughHellercough*" is saying?

We all know it is not a REAL MING DYNASTY heirloom now. He claims his earrings were fakes, and he never has worn an expensive rolex, I doubt his pots and pans cost much, maybe his flat screen was a couple grand. I sure hope the WII game she stole was the new WII FIT, both of them need to get serious with that, they both are chubs.

So I don't believe 100,000 damage was caused, unless the apartment itself was destroyed, like the carpet or if the drapes belonged there or damage to the unit itself.

I bet he gets his eviction notice tomorrow to be out in 30 days.

I think he is trying to get out of the 90K Hailey said she was going to go after him for. Seems toooooooo coincidental to me.

Maybe Nola and Shoka visited to get back at Jon for giving them away, maybe they ripped his things apart!

I don't think Jon has any friends, he has turned on all of them and used them and hurt them, who would trust him ever?

Sally

Sounds to me like Jon has been busy seeking more publicity about himself even though he is not supposed to do so. Hope he wore gloves when he did this or he may be end up with felony charges and false charges.

why?

Dude is such a major tool. He did this to collect the insurance money. I hope he gets jail time. He is the worst of the worst!

charlene

jon can't choose what kind of charges are filed. who the hell does he think he is? i'm sure it wasn't as bad as he's making it sound.

felicia

BOO-WHOO! WHO CARES! Why is this Guy in the news anyway?? just cuz he has 8 kids?? Sounds to me that is was planned anyways.. TMZ talk about someone who's at least worth talking about..PLEZZzz

popcultured

Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas. Hailey Glassman being the dog, of course. I wonder if she'll be able to continue to spew venom and defame Jon in TV interviews from prison? Jon may not be the guy you want your daughter to marry or date, given his recent history, however I seriously doubt he would be capable of even thinking of doing something like this. Hailey, on the other hand,...

tigers lair

He did it himself for:

a. Insurance Money

b. To get out of his apartment lease since he cant afford the rent anymore. Whats more easy than to rant and rave to apartment management that the building is "unsafe" and that he wants out of his lease...think about it...

Lori

Man, if it weren't for bad luck, this guy would have no luck at all!

feebee

I just heard Paris Hilton got married in Vegas ???

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

I don't think he should be alone or around his kids anymore. This guy is going over the edge. If he is found to have done this himself, Kate needs to take the child custody back to court and get a restraining order on him.

I can see why Hailey called him Dexter now!

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

Didn't one of Hailey's ex-lesbo friends warn Jon to stay away from her, because she will ruin you?

me

My first guess would be that he was desperate for publicity and did it himself for that reason. My next guess is his silly advisors and him thought it might be a good way to get public sympathy on his side and did it for that reason (he's made the stupidest pr moves in the history of celebrity). My next guess, insurance fraud. My next guess, Haley (or whatever her name is) did it.

Vonny

If Jon had a better wife he would still be with her. The bitch ran him off by humiliating him as often as she could. It was sooooooo sad to watch. Joh is a good father.

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

Does Jon think he can try out for acting by doing these things? He may have snowed us all with his act on their show, but he is not going to pick up acting gigs as he acts to get into the media headlines.

As for his ex-ho, she needs to pay Kate and those kids back for what she did to destroy that family. Right now both Jon and Hailey deserve the stress and what they are doing, they both have some deep lessons they need to learn from all of this. You cannot sh!t on your family or do this to another family.

As for Mom and Pop Glassman, shame on you for encouraging your daughter to be a home-wrecker and supporting her lazy fat @ss and enabling Jon as well. What all of you did to Kate and the kids, you should be ashamed of - Glassmans and Jon!

What goes around, comes back around!