Man in Photo is Not JFK

12/28/2009 2:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ received an email from someone who said the photo we posted showing a man appearing to be John F. Kennedy on a yacht with naked women was actually a photo from a 1967 Playboy photo shoot.

We have contacted Playboy and a rep says the photo did indeed run in one of its 1967 issues. We are trying to get a copy and will update as soon as we get the info.

UPDATE: 2:34 PM ET
We've now confirmed the photo was part of a Playboy spread in 1967. The image published in Playboy was published in color.

UPDATE: 1:11 PM ET
A rep from Playboy tells TMZ the photo ran as part of story titled, "Playboy's Charter Yacht Party: How to Have a Ball on the Briny with an Able-Bodies Complement of Ship's Belles." She says the photo was taken on one of the islands that make up the Grenadines (Petit Rameau).

majiccat

I know I've seen a picture of JFK in that exact pose before-photo shop's getting better

Jessica

TMZ, you need to get your crap together. You get a lead and go a mile a minute instead of doing ACTUALLY research. You have recanted so many stories it's not even funny. Your company is a pathetic excuse for journalism.

uncaringbear

Insert foot into mouth.

mike

After furthur review, my belief is that the picture is real and JFK did not die in "63. TMZ is rarely wrong so I am going with the zero gun theory

Maynotlast

A-HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

HOW DOES ASS TASTE, HARVEY!!!??

David

D'Oh! Been a slow news day at TMZ??

Maggie

Soooo obviously a fake...look at the size of the head on the guy who is supposed to bek JFK...its way too big, out of proportion to the rest of the people in the pic. I loathe that nasty horndog and his entire family, and wish they would all disappear in a peat bog in Ireland, but this pic is not real! He was a vile, lying bastard, and things like this certainly did happen, after all, he had hookers and at least one Mafia bimbo in the White House... and supposely, he was also lousy in the sack, because of his bad back and pain drugs.

aimhlpben

OOPS!!!! I hope the person who sold this picture offered a money back satisfaction guarantee. TMZ, you should sue the guy who sold you the picture, you already have a lawyer on staff anyways right????

astrophysicist

7. It ran in a playboy so essentially TMZ is just reporting news about old news. Why not report on Abraham Lincoln's death too like you're the first one.

Posted at 1:07PM on Dec 28th 2009 by Mike

Good one, Mike.

wikkedevil666

EPIC fail TMZ and yet you still cannot admit that its not JFK even after Playboy confirms it was from their photo shoot. That's hilarious and TMZ is the joke. I agree Joe-
Ashton Kutcher needs to come out now cause you got PUNK'D. LMAO!!

Carolyn A-B

Well, Mr. Levin, so much for this photo being able to change the course of history.

Earthling

Another Epic "Expert" fail. Not surprising to me.

Jenny

Not real.... Give me a break.... First of all JFK was not stupid.
I was around then. I'm 64. I loved JFK and his family. He was great....

celebutaunter77

To all you people bashing TMZ for thier mistake, I assume we won't have the pleasure of your company on this site anymore, right? I mean, if TMZ sucks, and they are stupid, and they need to get thier facts straight, and they hire idiots, etc., why would you EVER waste your time coming back here? I bet dollars to doughnuts EVERY one of you will be back on here tomorrow, bitching about how TMZ sucks, and paps suck, and "why don't you just leave celebrities alone", etc. Idiots.

celebutaunter77

Kennedy was the MOST over-rated Liberal douche-bag president in history.

Oops, make that the second most over-rated douche-bag president in history.

Excuse me, I had too much Taco Bell today, I have to "drop Michelle off at the spa".