Carly Pope -- 'Popular' with Carjackers

12/30/2009 12:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Carly Pope -- former star of the TV show "Popular" -- was rushed to a Vancouver hospital yesterday after a carjacker stole her ride and smashed into a building -- all while the actress was still inside.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ that Pope and her brother were in their BMW when an unknown man jumped on the hood. We're told her brother got out of the car to check out the situation -- and somehow, the unknown man jumped in.

The suspect tried to drive away, but crashed into three cars before hitting a building. We're told Carly was in the car when it crashed.

Both Carly and her brother -- along with the suspect and a pedestrian -- were taken to the hospital and treated for injuries. Everyone was released from the hospital, but the suspect was taken into custody.

UPDATE 3:15 PM ET -- Charges against the alleged carjacker are in and they're a doozy: theft over $5,000, kidnapping without the use of a firearm, two charges of aggravated assault, two charges of dangerous driving causing bodily harm, assault with a weapon, and mischief to property over $5,000.

Bryan

Mayweather whoops ugly little rat looking Pacquio in 4 rounds! Bank on it! Ha Ha Pope got Car Jizzzacked!

angellovef

that is horrible!

first..

Pat

Non-Believer

She's hot. Haven't seen her in anything in a long time. I guess Canada has the same thugs and criminals that the US has.

why?

I would not have gotten out of the car, dude would have stayed on my hood till I pulled up to a police station or the wind happened to blow him under my tires.

JS

Don't forget to mention the man was mentally unstable

Matt

I heard Kris Pope was cast in the 3rd Twilight movie...Filming in Vancouver???

evil kitty

There is a button on the inside of the door on the drivers side that if you push it, the doors will lock...try it sometime.

Steph

I love how ignorant people depend on guns for confidence - Sono, please stay in the US, we hate gun lovers in Canada and no one owns personal fire arms to keep in their glove box. I am SO glad I don't live in the states...

The man was almost run over by the BMW, he got mad and started ranting and jumped on the hood. The mentally unstable man then jumped into the car and hit the reverse by mistake and the car hit the CBC building. Get your facts correct, TMZ!