David Copperfield - Cleared in Rape Investigation

1/12/2010 8:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David CopperfieldDavid Copperfield is in the clear in the two-year investigation over alleged rape ... federal prosecutors have decided to drop the case without filing charges.

The woman who lodged the complaint -- a former Miss Washington contestant -- said in a civil lawsuit she was in the audience for a Copperfield performance when David spotted her and invited her to his private island in the Bahamas in 2007.

The woman claimed Copperfield sexually assaulted her on the island.

Copperfield's lawyers called the woman's lawsuit, "extortion for money, plain and simple."

T. Gronana

It took over two years for Copperfield and his legal eagles to convince the feds to not press charges? Not an indication of guilt or innocence mind you but simply not to press charges. A good indication of an extremely weak case.

Now the reason he couldn't have raped her? Because she might, or might not, be a prostitute?

Revealing David. Very revealing.

excretive producer

Whoa-ho-ho it's magic you know, never believe it's not so.

Linda

Again!

Homer

Everybody's making money out of the internet except me.

Linda

A man invites you back to his island, what do you think he wants to do with you? Sit and have tea and crumpets? What a naive b**ch!

chris_lerat_1235

Slut was dumb enough to go to his PRIVATE island with him... stupid bimbo must have thought he invited her there for milk and cookies.

Cubs2009

Is it just me, or shouldn't intimate relations be somewhat expected if someone invites you to his private island? Not forced, of course, but anticipated and encouraged perhaps?

REALbarbwire7

Did he kidnap her? Or did she go willingly. I'll bet she packed and was ready in 10 minutes. No one is that stupid. "Yea, babe, come with me to a private island, and we'll just cuddle".

chris_lerat_1235

number 5 i said literally the exact same thing you said lmao at pretty much the same time except i said cookies and milk not tea and crumpets but it didn't show my comment :(

Linda

I am in no way saying it is right or justified what he did, if he did it, but damn can't some women act like they have a fricking brain!

J C

At least He's not raping the USA like the Democrats and their fat- cat union bosses.

Linda

Lol chris_lerat_1235, I was just noticing that. Great minds think alike.

excretive producer

Oh well, back to pulling the Playboy bunny out of a hat trick.

MY EYES!!!

Take you to my private island = MAGIC WAND IN THE POOPER

Trust me on this. I know a lot about millionaires and islands.

tippy katz

At least he's not raping our brains like that f#cking moron Sarah Palin with her
simple minded flag waving empty sloganeering--and trig is supposed to be the
"special" one?