David Copperfield - Cleared in Rape Investigation

1/12/2010 8:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David CopperfieldDavid Copperfield is in the clear in the two-year investigation over alleged rape ... federal prosecutors have decided to drop the case without filing charges.

The woman who lodged the complaint -- a former Miss Washington contestant -- said in a civil lawsuit she was in the audience for a Copperfield performance when David spotted her and invited her to his private island in the Bahamas in 2007.

The woman claimed Copperfield sexually assaulted her on the island.

Copperfield's lawyers called the woman's lawsuit, "extortion for money, plain and simple."

tippy katz

Dearest #13,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
thanks!

ricwhite

I bet he won't try THAT trick again.

J C

#14 not "J C " of # 10.
By the way #14 I'm a former liberal like You are so Your brains have been washed not raped

lander

what!? a woman making a false allegation of rape? that's not possible. a woman would never do that just for a whole bunch of money. women are sweet little angels made from sugar and spice and everything nice.

men are stupid and evil. women are innocent and pure. (society: repeat repeat repeat)

Elizabeth

I agree....private island tea and crumpets or milk and cookies? Yeah right.
On the other hand I'd go to his private island with him and know full well what I was getting into, and not mind one bit!!! ;-}

Sharona

Remember.......he can make things disappear.....

tippy katz

#17 not "J C" of #10.
I am a former liberal but then I went off my meds and
I think liberals are really cats in "people" suits, but not
nice kitty cats, but mean ones like my aunt had. I raped a
cat once.

tippy katz

#20 not "J C" of #14!!!!
Hot dang, now you done got me MAD!
you crazy evil liberals don't know
how good you had it with George Bush
and the old guy who kept having heart attacks!!!!!
God Bless America! And cats! I ain't NEVER raped a cat!!!
maybe a sheep, but that's different!
Have you seen my tooff?

tippy katz

nice. very mature.
quit using my name.
I may not be a liberal, but I love Obama.

Steve

He made the rape charge disappear..nice trick

David Copperfield

Watch me as I make my ¢ock disappear. I will first need an assistant.

mary

FREAK!!!!

Wil

If they couldn't find anything after TWO YEARS........she should be locked up and David should sue her for very last penny. I know he doesn't need the money but come on..........think about his quality of life while being investigated for two full years. What a HOE.

Ziggy

She must feel like a bubbling idiot right now. I would love to have seen her face when she learned her case was dropped because it's bogus.

Some guy invites me back to his apartment or even the backseat of his car, I know it's not to discuss ancient philosophy. She's a greedy bimbo loser so, I wonder if Gloria Allred was her attorney?

lovetMZ

now you see it now you don't. now you see it now you don't. now you see it now you don't

repeat for 45 minutes......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments