Kimmel's Brutal Leno Beatdown

On Jay's Show!

1/15/2010 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jimmy Kimmel completely destroyed Jay Leno on his own show last night -- constantly ripping the talk show host apart for taking back the 11:35 PM time slot.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
Trust us, this gets pretty damn awkward/awesome.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BayouMan

Yeah, well all the late night talking heads better realize it could just as well happen to them. Leno brings in way more money for NBC than any of the other hosts do for their network. Even Dave. Coco just better realize that he's still a wannabe when it comes to clout.

Smokie

It was more stupid than funny.

Iskur

Blaaah I'm kind of a Kimmel fan, but I'm so sick of the Jay bashing. Jay's a nice guy, well compared to most hollywood types anyway. Why's he the bad guy in all of this? Was he supposed to say no to NBC and get kicked off the network and end up at Fox or something? It was a lose-lose situation for him. Cut him some slack.

yeah....and?

I think Leno took it well. He, after all did start off as a stand up comic. Jimmy is just too funny. I loved every second of the interview.

Great Friday morning pick me up!

By the way, it takes smarts to be this funny, never under estimate
the large brains of the comedians!

bob

Saw that last night. Looks like Jay took it well. I don't think Jay is a bad guy. I don't think Conan is a bad guy. I think NBC screwed the pooch. Jay is easier to watch for me than Conan. I appreciate the self-depricating humor of Conan, but an hour of it, is bit much. I have been watching them both for years (GO TIVO) and will be sorry to see the change. Jay's show was il-conceived, over estimating his draw.

anna

Jimmy is the best! Thanks for saying all that. Jay should just take his money and leave well enough alone!! Good luck Conan!!!!!!

rickyrickrick

right on Jimmy. Leno is one huge backstabber, go Coco! respect Coco's contract NBC.

brittney

Jay Leno is notorious and brings in the money, in the end that's all that matters. Conan who? Never got near as much publicity as our big chinned talk show host Jay. Plus Jay Leno's comedy is WAY more funnier than Mr. O'Briens. Can't hate on NBC for being picky. Conan will get a better slot somewhere else, hell Fox will take him :) Now wouldn't it be funny if he got 'that' time slot on Fox. HA!

GAG

Everyone knows what type of person Leno is and that he is clearly in the wrong. Well, NBC more than him, but still. Leno should have done the respectable thing and went out while he was still on top. Instead, he's going to stick around and drive the Tonight Show into the ground. I'm really sick of people saying Conan stole the show from him. Apparently those people don't realize how contracts work. Contracts & the way they're written are the same reason Conan may lose the show. See, years ago, before NBC even gave Conan the Tonight Show deal, Leno had been talking about retiring, so when Conan's contract was up, NBC offered the Tonight Show to him, when Leno's contract was up, to get him to stay. Conan didn't steal anything, Leno's contract simply wasn't renewed. It happens ALL the time on other shows. Leno should have never had the Tonight Show in the first place. Leno having such a big following is proof of the dumbing down of America and that people settle for mediocrity. He's not funny, he's boring and is exactly the same night after night after night. Conan & everyone else, including Kimmel, actually have some creativity behind them & have an edge. Leno helps you fall asleep, the others make you want to stay awake.

Libby

I like Jimmy but that was ridiculous, give Leno a break, it didn't work out for anyone, Conan's show sucks, Leno's show sucks, it does need to change period, its not even NBC's fault quite frankly. Nobody did as well as they were supposed to so guess what, in this world if you don't show the money you get cancelled, quit your cryin and get over it.

love her!

I hope that Jay knows the show he is on now was canceled... It was canceled because he is noooo good. So let's be a cry baby and throw Conan out...Jay you will get the Tonight Show canceled too. You're such a Jerk!

Mike

To be fair to Jay, wasn't he kind of forced out of the Tonight Show by NBC so they could get Conan in there, and in turn, bring in the desirable 18-34 year old demographic?

Tracey

Good for Jimmy for having the balls to say it! Jay has lost all credibility with me, and I will never watch his show. I do believe I have just become a Jimmy Kimmel fan, though.

Hollywood's a Hazard

Cancel the whole lot of them and air Jack Paar reruns.

Chappaquiddick

The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived
as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of
the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments