Jeff Conaway Hospitalized -- Badly Injured

1/18/2010 9:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jeff ConwayJeff Conaway from "Grease" was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital today -- and according to his girlfriend, he suffered devastating injuries.

Jeff's girlfriend, Vikki Lizzi, tells TMZ Jeff fell down a staircase this morning at his home and suffered a broken hip, a broken arm, a fractured neck and a brain hemorrhage.

Vicki says Jeff is currently in the emergency room and will undergo surgery on his broken hip.

aquanet

She's been caught on tape physically abusing him, so I hope this is investigated. Neither one of them is a walk in the park, but she's been known to hit him. Or its just a ploy to get them both more pain meds.

Lola

He is an example of what drugs will do to you, legal or illegal. Those of us who watched the celeb rehab show with Jeff on it know that he said he was in constant pain from a back injury. Thus he took a lot of drugs.

So now, on top of that relentless back pain, he's got a broken hip, arm, neck, and a brain hemorrhage? I don't think that he has the self-control, physical or mental stamina to endure the pain of a possible recovery.

His one hope now is that he will be forced to stay in the hospital a long time, and the doctors wll take care of his addictions now, finally.

For those who don't know, he was also a big tv star on the show Taxi. However, he has said that he was always high on drugs during that show. It's hard to have sympathy for the fellow.

That girlfriend is the devil in disguise. She is a co-dependent leach, hanging onto his money. She is a drug addict herself, and also physically cruel to him. She did kick him in the back like others said. It does make one wonder just how he fell down these stairs.

janalal4

Hmmmm.....Vicki seems to be so 'full of information' r/e his injuries yet she neglect to tell us WHY & HOW he managed to fall down the stairs to begin with. I remember this guy so fondly from Grease & it really made me sad to see the state he had disentegrated into on 'Celeb Rehab'. I had serious doubts about his ability to ever get truly 'sober' & felt that although his condition had vastly improved by the time he had 'graduated' from Dr.Drew's show, he was still lying to himself about 'needing' his prescription pain pills & the amount of physical pain he was TRULY in. I was rooting for him but doubtful about his ability to maintain any lasting & REAL sobriety. The fact that he is still with that Vicki-nut speaks volumns about his still poor judgement for sure. I will continue to wish him the best & really commend him on his heroic attempts to stay her with us on 'planet Earth'. He obviously has a very strong will to keep on living!

COME ON JEFF!! WE'RE STILL ROOTING YOU ON & HOPE TO SEE YOU IN SOME NEW PROJECT SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE!

Felicity

I am not familiar with him, but it's terrible to read about such a horrific fall and injuries. With a fractured neck, I hope it's not the paralyzing kind. My prayers will be with him and his family.

Vonn

@ Merlin you are a complete ass for calling me an idiot & moron because I have not seen a movie. You may be a thousand years old, but you still need to grow up. You must be his number 1 fan, BP.

olddrunk

As another person posted, Jeff has struggled for years with drugs of one kind or another. I remember him from the show Taxi. A great ensemble and Conaway was a big part of it in the beginning.
Best wishes to him. It's been such a long, tragic journey he's been on. Hopefully, this time recovery will stick.

Jeep Fu

*gasp*
Get well soon man, I'll be pulling for you.

moe

LET HIM DIE ALREADY! I WANT TO VOMIT! THEY HAVE A SICK,CO-DEPENDENT-F-ED UP REALTIONSHIP. THEY SHOULD NOT BE TOGETHER! BARF!

Cali MJ Fan

OMG! Sending best wishes for a healthy and speedy recovery. I hope Jeff comes out of surgery ok. Sounds frightening.

LOVED him in Grease!

nora

Damn, this guy just can't get a break from injuries and pain killers. Paging Dr Drew!

janalal4

Posted at 12:42AM on Jan 19th 2010 by olddrunk

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/18/jeff-conaway-hospitalized-staircase-fall-broken-neck/2#c24792936#ixzz0d2BOtGQq

Hi fellow 'olddrunk'. I myself am both an 'olddrunk' AND an 'oldaddict':) Nice to see well-wishes & not condemning attitudes. As you & I both must know all too well, it's a long, hard road to recovery. It requires MUCH 'working on yourself' which for ANYONE is very hard work but well worth it in the end. Much of the tools I have acquired in 'recovery' help me every day in dealing with the 'real world' & have made my life so much easier & happier. I really believe that once Conaway learns & applies those tools to his own life, then it will be THEN that he finally finds lasting recovery & THAT is my wish for him. Like you, a wish that it will finally 'stick'. As you pointed out, he is an extremely talented actor. Some of the funniest, most intelligent, & all-around 'best' people I've ever know have been addicts & alcoholics. So many people see people like him & other celebrities with substance abuse problems nothing more than their disease & forget the 'bright & talented people' that they were & STILL ARE underneath!

Hussie

Forget "Grease", his role on "Taxi" is what made him...
And I agree with those who've referred to the "Celebrity Re-hab" footage...It's painfully obvious that this "Girlfriend" has an agenda of her own, as she was instrumental in keeping Jeff an addict...She IS a "Gold-digger" with serious issues of her own, and was even caught sneaking drugs into Pasadena Recovery while Jeff was a patient there...Dr. Drew offered her help as well, but she denied having a problem and refused...
I hope Jeff finds the peace he's so desperately been seeking, even if it means he passes on...He has suffered physically, mentally and emotionally for years, and it's time he got a break...While I sincerely hope he recovers, I also know that it's likely he won't...
Thank you Jeff for your amazing contributions to the screen, both big and small...Your talent will not be forgotten...

aj

who is this guy?

Smooch

This poor man has suffered his demons for so long and continues to life such a tragic life. All I can say is my heart truly goes out to him. As a person who has grown up with addiction, I honestly understand his pain and wish him true peace in his life. He deserves it.

danoman666