Charlie Daniels Recovering After Stroke

1/20/2010 12:51 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Country music icon Charlie Daniels was rushed to a Colorado hospital Friday after suffering a mild stroke while snowmobiling, this according to his rep.

We're told Daniels -- the guy behind "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" -- was immediately treated at a hospital in Durango ... but was soon airlifted to another hospital in Denver.

The rep tells us Daniels was released from the hospital on Sunday and is currently resting at his home in Colorado.

hdbrill1

Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle?

Brandie

This guy is amazing. He's in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

zippy

get better charlie, ihope the stroke didnt screw you up too bad,

Tiffi

God bless. Praying for a quick recovery :)

Adam

"2. Quick! Name another Charlie Daniels song besides "Devil Went Down to Georgia". That's what I thought."

Ok.. Drinkin' My Baby Goodbye. :)

ABB

What the hell is grandpa doing snowboarding? Act your age!

j

Get better charlie! In the mean time I'll be drinkin my baby goodbye.

Cali MJ Fan

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Charlie! You're in our thoughts!

Homer

Wow,a wooden instrument. It's about time trees were good for something instead of just standing there like jerks.

mrez golucky

Yikes! Love his Geico commercial!

Dokterrock

Well, hopefully the Charlie Daniels museum in Nashville can sell enough "Mammy" dolls and other racist memorabilia in order to fund his speedy recovery.

Please go away lohan!

My god cancel msnbc, shut up John Kerry, are you serious you are a multi millionaire and so so freaking stupid. You make the people on the MTV Jersy show look like Phi beta cappas.
Charlie D! Is a legend! I hope and hope is getting better, all say a prayer.
Let hope this living legend pulls through and the idiots on MSNBC are crushed by an earthquake. Why do good people get hurt and stupid morons like Rachel Maddow, carpet munching idiot skate by. the only thing worse then her speaking is her Pat Boone 1955 haircut, what a disaster! NBC are serious you dont understand why your network is in the toilet? Maybe you should not have a bald gay idiot running the show, no disrepect to the gays. GEt a good looking smart tasteful gay person if that is your choice. But you are stupid so you will not.

MarkieB

Legend of Wooley Swamp
Long Haired Country Boy
South's gonna do it again
It aint no rag it's a flag
In America
Still in Saigon
Uneasy Rider
HEY #6 I guess that how you get to L.A. via Omaha (Uneasy Rider)!!

Long Hair Don't Hide A Redneck!

The directions are a gas, but....

I believe he was implying he started the trip in Tennessee and crossed the state line into Mississippi. He is contemplating a route to L.A. via Omaha in the future in order to never have to go through Jackson Mississippi or anything like it in the future. Not end or start in Omaha!

iamlight

Charlie-
I'm sorry to read that you had a stroke and I pray that it's God's will to return you to good health and I wish the best for you.

I use to be one of your biggest fans...I've been to many of your concerts, bought your albums/cassettes/Cd's and I enjoyed your gospel at Dr Billy Graham's crusade several years ago. I regretfully have to say that I am no longer a fan of yours because I am very disappointed at your negative Soapbox Forums in the last year. Maybe you need to calm down a bit and take a "chill pill" instead of constantly riding our Commander in Chief and his staff's back. I am not a Liberal...however, I have read your Soapbox with disgust. Maybe this anger resting inside you is causing illness. Why don't you pray for the President instead. God bless!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments