Joaquin Phoenix Shaves the Homeless Look

1/22/2010 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It only took a year -- but Joaquin Phoenix finally shaved off his beard and dropped that fake, wannabe rapper persona he tried fooling us all with ... and it's all in the name of suicide prevention.

A bald-faced Phoenix -- along with Miley Cyrus and Liv Tyler -- appears in a new online video promoting the suicide prevention website TWLOHA.com.

For the record, that dirty look, we never bought it.

Pip

Yay Joaquin is hot again!!! I hope he stays that way. No more beards!

me

hmm...two different sort of celebs from two different arenas..."MILEY" being her usual brainwashed over excited hyped up self, and then, this guy, joaquin, being his out of touch, probably lost in a world of all the roles he played...etc...

im not sure if that was some sort of hidden message here but i seen it that way..

two extreme opposites of celebrity,.

then there is liv tyler, who looks way better than miley and seems really sweet...

Cheryl

Thank God!! He looks so much better. The man is HOT!! Joaquin, get back to acting now.

Mrs Patrick Campbell

Is Joaquim a homosexual?

can't fool me

No, Joaquin is straight. He's been dating a pretty lawyer for a long time.

anony

He's dating a lawyer?....how do you know that dee dee?

Mrs Patrick Campbell

If Joaquim is "str8" the so is Tammy Cruise!

Mrs Patrick Campbell

Are there nude photos of Joaquim?

anony

ugh......still with that euro trash aria...yuck! She needs to get her teeth fixed....what the hell are you thinking JP?

campymampy

and, btw, he is not dating a lawyer. He's always loved the model type girl. I guarantee he isn't with a lawyer. lol

Ryan Seacrest and Kristy Lee Cook

I'm with you Christy- great cause aside, I was wondering what Joaquin and Liv were doing hanging out together- they are both single now- wonder if they have just remained good friends or if this is something to watch.

Man in support

My close silly lady friends were all excited and so nievely stupid and sad when he showed up with his hoax, and they got to let that go, what I think when he looked sad, like that maybe, they would have thought he was vulnerable or more in reach, not true, thing is they don't know him, niether do I, people who are like him have alot to have with thier time to do anything!! Cheers stay cool@

can't fool me

The lawyer he's dating could be a model. Very pretty.

anony

HE's actually dating the girl aria from paradiso girls....she is completely trying to get famous with her ridiculous group and is in my opinion using him to get to the top...(f@ck her way there basically). Anyways, I gathered this because i saw it on her twitter page that her friends were commenting on a photo of them that was taken last weekend and now the comments are gone...hmm...I never thought he would want to be with someone who was desperately trying to get famous...thought he was against that...what a loser he has become!

anony

HAHA!!! Publicity stunt??!!! I highly doubt it! Homosexual?...dont think so! She WAS dating chris EGAN...not evans...and they have broken up..months ago and she is now with joaquin phoenix...the comments her friends made to her (about the picture of the two of them last week on the perez site)on her twitter page have since been removed...and what is this girl he was seen getting it on with last week? I never heard that one! HAHA! It was probably Aria...you can tell by her horse teeth! Fame whore! that is all she is!...apparently...he isnt any better!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments