« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Purple Pain -- Prince Releases Vikings Fight Song

1/22/2010 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Prince -- the artist formally known as "talented" -- has reportedly released a snippet from the new fight song he wrote for the Minnesota Vikings. Unique ... is one way people are describing it.

Let's put it this way -- if you're the one guy who liked the T-Pain version of the Miami Dolphins fight song ... you're gonna love this.

Thanks to myfoxtwincities.com.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

StarSuperDuper

I've never heard the Viking song, but I will always believe in the genius of PRINCE.I wrote a song 4 PRINCE 2 Perform , Could someone in cyberspace help me find him. I want to build a visual and performing arts center in my old neighborhood across from the welfare office. 4 the kids. StarSuperDuper loves the kids.

marie

If this doesn't ice it for the SAINTS, I don't know what will!!

Kristy

It reminds me of a song my kids would sing at their elementary school's play. I love Prince, but...Really?

Trixie

P U

Wombat

You can't get much gayer than this.

Nik

As a Minnesota Native I drive by Paisley Palace (Prince’s Studio) and Winter Park (Training Field for Vikings) every day on my commute to work and I think this song is a disgrace. It makes me feel like I am at church. Maybe I can get the choir to sing it on Sunday before the game! Either way it is going to be a good hard game. GO VIKINGS!

suzie

I feel like I was back in the '50s watching Grease......lame funeral music...

Straight Talkin Texan

Ewww. Ick! Lame.

xcalibur

TOTALLY GAY... ALWAYS KNEW PRINCE WAS ANDROGYNOUS. SMFH.

Damon

Let's be honest about what this really is: music for a Jehovah's Witness gathering with different lyrics.

I don't think it's premature to say his musical talent has now fallen victim to his wacko faith.

Punkarazzi

Extremely idiosyncratic, some might say. WTF?, say others. And it is most definitely out-there. Did he actually present this as a "fight song?" Or is it just his trippy impression of one? Either way, we all know that Prince is talented. That said, I don't think Viking fans are going to take this one into their hearts.

Punkarazzi

Just a snippet, right? Maybe that's the solemn, alma mater-like intro. Perhaps it gets mad funky right after that.

Gregor

I thought that Pwince was a Viking fan, so why the Viking funeral march?
Stimulating? NO!!!!

Jason

Don't have such a knee-jerk reaction, everyone!

Yes, it's unusual. But it's pure Prince. I think it's great.

(Then again, I'm a musician who's never even been to a football game, so I might be unusual too.)

Christine

The song isn't that great, but you CANNOT say that Prince is "formerly" talented. He is one of the most talented musicians of all time. The writer must be clueless when it comes to music. No matter what genre of music you prefer, YOU cannot deny that Prince is an extreme talent.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments