Mel Gibson on Tiger: I Feel Bad for the Guy

1/25/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Those scandal tainted stars gotta stick together -- and Mel Gibson's got Tiger Woods' back.

Mel Gibson: Click to watch
No doubt speaking from experience, Mel stood up for the philandering golfer this morning on "GMA" -- saying "sometimes the most difficult part is being able to forgive yourself," which is hard when "everyone else is beating on you."

Mel added he now just wants "to see him play golf."

MEL

Whamo

I think It's time to give Tiger a break. I mean the guy's been crucified by the press, dropped by his sponsors, lost his wife..I mean what more do people want. I know it was totally his fault. People are going to responed by saying"look what he did to the kids" Let's face it those kids are too young to even know what's going on and will still be too young for a few years yet.
Tiger lost what is most important to him and that's his image & ego.
I know there are women out there that have gone thru this and nothing short of him living in the street would make them happy.
People make mistakes..some people make HUGE mistakes but in the end I think we need to be human and let them repair their lives and the ones they've hurts lives.
I'm not sure but I'd say his punishment has fit the crime..let him...them..get on with their lives.

grossed out.

Since Tiger refuses to comment publicy and offer up any kind of apology to anyone - his wife, family, friends, sponsors, the women he slept with, makes me wonder whether he feels the desire the forgive himself anyway. Perhaps he's just ticked off that he got caught. His falling off the radar completely give the the impression of ambivelence and defiance, as opposed to humility and atonement.

wow

Tiger cheated on his wife. Betrayed her trust and violated his sworn marriage vows. Mel Gibson got drunk and insulted a female and a Jew. Those are hardly comparable. Will this site ever get tired of spewing hate at Black Men and Christians and pimping gays and Jews? Seriously it's a sad state when you feel to keep attacking people because their skin color or opinions are different or threatening to your own world view. This is America... tolerance for other people.

Jean

Funny how the only people really defending Tiger are fellow cheaters.If it wasn't so ridiculously sad how cavalier they were about their families, I would laugh. Find some way to justify your bad behavior so that you can stop feeling bad... Forgiving yourself requires a conscience.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm That one could be tough.

Jane

Mel Gibson is a complete nutjob. Who cares about his opinion on anything?

kadengirl

would he have tiger's back if tiger were Jewish? i'll bet not.

I NEED REAL PROOF!!!

I agree with post #1!

You all had your fair share of spitting at Tiger and his wife, Elin! You got your anger and hate out already, so stop sitting around posting more mean comments! He cheated on his wife, he didn't kill her! Now that Tiger and Elin are trying to work on their marriage, just let them be and leave them alone!

He may not addressed the public in the beginning, but I'm sure he will once everything settles down, so calm down people with the whole Tiger hasn't addressed the public yet! Even if he addresses to the public, he's not entitled to give every detail of his personal life to you all, just say sorry he has disappointed everybody and will try his best to make up for his mistakes as well as continuing being the best golfer that he is period!

TMZ, this is old news! Mel's support for Tiger already aired on TV weeks ago! You guys are so slow now, get with it!!!

I NEED REAL PROOF!!!

IT'S NOT TRUE ALL TIGER'S SUPPORTERS ARE CHEATERS, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

IS PRES. OBAMA A CHEATER? HE SUPPORTS TIGER!

CHECK YOUR FACTS FIRST BEFORE SPEAKING, LOSER!

Ernie

Hey Mel you should talk you did the same thing on your wife and then you divorced her for some young booty, you know Mel you are one POS.

Pistol

Right. He's having a hard time forgiving himself. Pft.

Kate

This devoted Catholic, who has extra-marital sex with a Russian whore, who supposedly supports the sanctity of family and marriage who cheating on his wife wants the world to cut Tiger some slack...?

NOPE. Don't think so. Advise from a whore, to a whore - whether male or female - don't empress me. Not one iota.

Don't go away mad, Mel - just go away. Your viewpoints are irrelevant...

Whamo

Hey Jean..."Only fellow cheaters would defend him"? You’re accusing me & EVERYONE who defends him with charges of infidelity??? You are exactly the type of person I'm talking about! Get help, don't blame the world because you're a loser that couldn't hang on to your man.

sst226

Mel Gibson is backing Tiger...Mel cheated on his wife with Russian woman of cousre he is backing Tiger. Tiger cheated on Elin, now Elin is going to forgive him...dumb bitch!! Tiger just like a leopard can't change its spots, "Cheater is always a cheater" Using sex rehab is a crutch...a PR ploy. Tiger will play again not just in golf. He shouldn't got married if he going play around same with Mel.

yeah....and?

Boy ya'll want to forgive Tiger very easily.

To the posters who think his kids just too young to be affected by this....ARE YOU INSANE???!!!

The greastest gift a father can give to his children is to love their mother. Hello.

When I read comments like this, and you are not alone, its very scary. We are so used to men and women mucking up when they have kids and a spouse, its like second nature. Hey, who cares, its just divorce, people do it all the time right?

So, they had a life where Dad was home, when he wasn't golfing lets say....now he isn't there at all. They will find out all the sorted details someday. And gee all that stress their Mother is under isn't affecting the kids either right? They have money, so what is she complaing about right?

Now he is cryin' sex addict. Bull sh!t, he is a typical man drunk on power and money who thought he just literally could "do" anything he wants.

Who cares if I get some penis falling off sickness, or give it my wife...hey its all good, my kids are little, don't worry.
I hope some of this is sinking in for some of you.

He ceratinly isn't off the hook with me. Less than a man you are Tiger. Period.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments