Brittany Murphy's Hubby Will Sue Warner Bros.

1/27/2010 7:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

britney murphy's husband simon monjackUPDATE: Warner Bros. just gave us the following statement: "Any claim that Warner Bros. Pictures was somehow responsible for Brittany Murphy's tragic death is demonstrably false, reprehensible, and defamatory. Despite press reports to the contrary, Warner Bros. Pictures and Ms. Murphy never entered into any deal for "Happy Feet 2," and thus, there was not a contract to cancel."

Brittany Murphy
's husband, Simon Monjack, says Warner Bros. is responsible for the death of his wife and he plans to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the company.

Monjack told The Daily Beast Murphy was devastated after reportedly losing a role in the sequel to "Happy Feet." Monjack believes losing the movie caused Murphy to have a heart attack.

The L.A. County Coroner has not released the cause of death.

Before the "Happy Feet" setback, Brittany Murphy had been fired from the film, "The Caller," shot in Puerto Rico. There were numerous reports about her erratic behavior on the set.

Monjack said, "Warner Brothers relied on conjecture and hearsay about the Puerto Rico film for why they canceled Brittany's role in Happy Feet."

Monjack reportedly is days away from filing suit. Warner Bros. has no comment.

UPDATE: The producers of "The Caller" tell TMZ "The decision for Brittany to leave the film was mutual and amicable, and was in fact related to a serious illness in Brittany's family. Any rumors to the contrary are false, and in the circumstances, particularly hurtful."

Remembering Brittnay Murphy

jackie

He is just looking for a pay day. First he said she was sick for a while now it is Warner Bros. fault. I hope someone is looking into him. What a loser..

villedeville

93. i hope he dies of a heart attack after his court case is thrown out
Posted at 9:37PM on Jan 27th 2010 by J in Ohio
_____________________________________________________________

Don't give him any idea: he could sue the court for his own untimely death.

carlos1390

Lmao. What a retard.

Darlene

Thats crazy!! Such an excuse to get money!

woodin

Simon, nobody is responsible for Brittany's death. So drop it and move on....

Cherries

Let the blame game start!

Alic3n1d3rland

Dude come on... Nice try though!!!!

Alic3n1d3rland

This douch must be related to John Gosselin

The Jackson twenty five

A young woman dying because she got fired from a job??? C'mon, people never cease to amaze me with how far their greed will push them. It was a tragedy and my money is on the scripts - way too many for one person, never mind a young, healthy girl. Watch out Hollywood docs - you're all coming under fire pretty soon, again GREED!

betsy

What a shame. For just a moment in time he was someone to ity and pray for. Now he is just another slimebag riding the gravy train

bollington

Where's the logic behind that? If I don't get a job I interviewed for because the hiring company doesn't think I'm as qualified as someone else, that means I can sue them? He should be jailed for being such an arse.

Jake

I know what gave Murphy a heart attack! DRUGS! Idiots. She had a history of drugs and it tends to cause heart problems. WOW! What award do I get for figuring that one out? If she was devestated about not being in Happy Feet 2 then she really was rock bottom. I'm sorry I just lost my job and so my wife and I are barely surviving on 10 bucks and hour for th both of us and guess what-I didn't have a heart attack! God some people... ANyways, gotta go put in more apps. Peace.

Taunya

come on now. sounds to me like someone is a little money hungry. that is like saying that people who loose their jobs and return and shoot up the place can sue the employer for them committing murder.

Sniglet

This a-hole probably did it. What a piece of sh*t euro trash. He should have died instead.

rickyrickrick

will he sue her Doctor? who was her Doctor anyway?