John Edwards 'Sad' about Separation with Wife

1/27/2010 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John edwards separated from his wife ElizabethJohn Edwards has confirmed ... he's separated from his wife, Elizabeth Edwards, calling it an "extraordinarily sad moment."

News of the separation comes only one week after John admitted to fathering a child with his mistress, Reille Hunter, back in 2007 ... around the same time Elizabeth was diagnosed with breast cancer.

John and Elizabeth have been married since 1977.

More John Edwards

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

AZ

There are 2 Americas - one has no conscious and the other does.

Posted at 9:39PM on Feb 3rd 2010 by AZ

Post 238 - meant to say conscience not conscious.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Shocking how Harvey would much rather bore us with more of his cowardly attacks on a college girl like Carrie Prejean, instead of following the biggest political scandal of this generation.

elysummers

Yeah he's sad all right. A sad excuse for a human being.

Vanessa

John Edwards you are the biggest jerk in the world. I hope Elizabeth divorces you and takes everything. You dont deserve to hold a public office. A man who would cheat on his wife, would certainly cheat his employer, client, country and even his children. And a woman who would have an affair with a married man is trash!

Carol Eberhardt

Is Elizabeth really dying of cancer? I really hope she goes into remission. If she does recover from cancer, I hope she runs for public office because I have listened to her speak/debate about the need for Health Care Reform and she was very good. I think if it hadn't been for Elizabeth, John Edwards never would have made it to public office himself. I will hope and pray for Elizabeth's recovery from cancer.

Don't Do It!

Can we PLEASE take a break from feeling so sorry for Elizabeth? She made is through law school and had thriving practice. Read "Game Change". Read the "The Politician". Listen/read to the voice/e-mails she left for Mrs. Young. Guess who she's suing now for alienation of affection? That's right, Mr. Young (unless he donates 250,000 dollars to her favorite charity, quits speaking about her marriage, return her emails/voicemails to her, blah blah blah)! I guess she's getting that lawsuit for Ms. Hunter perfected b4 she sues! She wanted the White House just as bad if not more than her husband. Has he made mistakes? Oh, yes. Does Mrs. E's have cancer? Yes...so do lots of folks without her resources and support. Did she get cheated on? Yes. Have I, for one, heard enough about her being a victim? Sweet baby Jesus, yes.

MAGGIE MAY

YOU MAKES BILL CLINTON LOOK LIKE A GOOD GUY. HOPE YOU DON'T GET ANYMORE PUBLICITY AND GET LOST...........

lisa

During the campaign I knew this guy was a dirtbag. Too pretty, too smiley, too slick. All the right answers with no sincerity behind any of it. He's another pretty white boy who thought the world was his oyster and that the people were only there to believe what he told them.
The stuff that has come out about he being a jerk, disavowing his own child, convincing an aid to commit to being the father, etc. only tell me that I was totally correct. This guy is a douchbag politician.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13