'Deadliest Catch' Guy Suffers Stroke

1/30/2010 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil HarrisPhil Harris -- captain of the Cornelia Marie on "Deadliest Catch" -- suffered a stroke and is currently hospitalized, a Discovery rep tells us.

A spokesman for the show tells TMZ, "Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. He has been transported to a medical facility and is receiving the best care possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and we will make more information available as we know it."

Phil has been captain of the Cornelia Marie for 18 years, according to the Discovery website, where his two sons serve as deckhands.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sassy

I love Captain Phil! I wish him the best!

Ashley

Considering his blood clot before, I was so afraid this would happen to him. I hope it was a minor stroke. You can't smoke like a chimney and guzzle red bull and not expect something to happen.
We love him, and pray for a speedy recovery.

Adriamarie

So sorry to hear this, I like Capt. Phil and I hope he is gonna get well soon. I wish his Family well.

Fast Earl

Godspeed and get well soon Phil.

Chris

Very sorry to hear this! Capt. Phil is the show! My prays are with Phil and his boys - get well soon!

Sunny

We all love Captain Phil and certainly wish him all the best...sounds like he got help right away which should help his chances for a full recovery...our thoughts and prayers are with him!

Ron

God speed to a quick recovery Capt'n! Hope this isn't related to the earlier medical condition he was recovering from and had missed a large part of last season on! Get well soon!

Discordia

Why don't people ever listen to their doctors? :(

Get well soon, Phil.

Observer

Get well Phil!
Our family's thoughts & Prayers are with the family.

Jessica

I'm hoping for a full and speedy recovery. I love you Phil.

Steve

I like the show. He seems like a decent guy. The second I heard him talk I could tell he was living the hard life including LOTS of cigarettes. I don't know how old he is but he defiantly is paying now for his tobacco addiction. Its a shame. Good luck Phil.

stace

Here's to a fast recovery, Captain Phil. We think the world of you and hope you're back on you're feet soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Chuck D of Valpo

Like the show and Captain Phil of the Cornelia Marie. God's speed in recovery.

itlchick

Awww...I love that guy. Get better soon!!!!

that.is.all

Who didn't see this coming?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments