'We Are the World' -- The Remake

2/2/2010 7:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Anyone who's ever put out a record in the past 5 years got together yesterday at Jim Henson studios in Los Angeles to sing a new version of Michael Jackson & Lionel Richie's "We Are the World" to benefit Haiti.

We Are the World: Click to watch
The Jonas Brothers, Wyclef Jean, Harry Connick Jr., Sugarland, Justin Bieber, "Best Singer in the World" Celine Dion and a ton of other performers were seen recording the song yesterday afternoon.

The final video will air during during the opening ceremony for the Olympics February 12.

'we are the world' celebrities

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Rx

I wonder what it will sound like without Wacko Jacko. Maybe they can find a castrated leprechaun to take his place because that is what he sounded like when he tried to sing anyway.

iknowpopculture

Please stop being pathetic! Your humor is not wanted here!

tis_ruthy

yay hope it makes lots of money for everyone in Haiti!! To ?????? yes he couldn't sing, thats why Michael sold millions of records..were all obviously tone deaf!

Missy

Michael's version sounded better! Never mess with a classic!

Marius

The king of entertainment - Michael Jackson, needs to be heard in this new song. Or else it will be a stab in his back.

They must use his old recorded voice. HE MADE THIS SONG. Not Wyclef Jean.

nan

just not the same spirit without michael

tis_ruthy

I think TMZ should try and raise some funds for Haiti with their very own version of "who let the dogs out". I would definately buy it, i havn't bought any of their crap about Michael for last 7 months, so I feel I owe them one!

Adam

Michael wasn't there.. but Justin Bieber was!!! YAYYY!!! I'm sure he has a really full view of the world and wasn't at all in it for the publicity.

FooFoo

Seriously? What the 'world' fails to notice is that Haiti was named as the most corrupt country in 2006. Government and business corruption lead their citizens into extreme poverty. Do you think any of that has changed? Where do you think all of these millions raised for the earthquake victims are REALLY going to go? To the people? FOOLS. Just like the billions of dollars that have been going to third world countries, these monies only line the pockets of their leaders. When will people learn?

pink taco fist

Dude, Is it me or does celine totally look like snooki in that shot?

David Boothby

I agree shouldn't have redone We Are The World---The original is the best----Their intentions were good but should have written an original song for this time in history.
I get the feeling that this new version will fade from view almost immediately.

Rx

Maybe the new We Are The World song can be released along side of MJ's Hurricane Katrina relief song.

DP

This IS what it's all about!!! While I do feel the same way about MJ not being seen or heard on this one, it's still a beautiful thing for them to all come together in his spirit to help the people of Haiti. I think he'd think this is L-O-V-E! And, how about those two beautiful children of his taking to the stage at the Grammys...(not to mention the tens of millions of people that were watching)and their humble words about their Daddy?! I was definately touched!!!

Sparky

Yeah lets all buy Celene Dion and Kanye West records and send all our money to Haiti while people in the US are homeless?? Has Celene ever changed clothes?? SHe has worn that same "supposed sexy" mini dress for 20yrs now I think.. Phew thats some serious crotch rot!@
I wonder if Kanye was drunk..or stoned during the taping?
Besides 30 minutes of their time.. I wonder how much each one of those record millionaires donated to Haiti?
Bill

David Boothby

Foo Foo is right. Millions of dollars and aid have disappeared into the pockets of the ruling elite of Haiti. The suffering remain poor and hungry as they have for years and years in Haiti. So much corruption and our media is turning a blind eye to it. Same thing happened in our country--the good ol' USA-- when billion and trillions went into banking and Wall Street pockets. Did anyone besides them see a dime of that money?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments