Michael Jackson Estate to Joe: No, No, No

2/4/2010 7:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lawyers for Michael Jackson's estate have filed legal papers opposing Joe Jackson's attempt to get his son's UCLA medical records -- records Joe wants in order to file a wrongful death lawsuit.

Michael Jackson and Joe Jackson

Estate lawyers say there are three reasons why Joe is not entitled to medical records.

1. Joe was not a dependent of Michael Jackson and therefore not legally entitled to sue for the wrongful death of his son.

2. Joe has filed his request for medical records in connection with his attempt to get an allowance from the estate, and an allowance has nothing to do with wrongful death.

3. There is a physician-patient privilege that bars Joe from getting the medical records.

R-Uchitel

Leave Joe alone, he's the father of MJ, you don't know wot's going through his mind, especially when a father looses his son. Get over it people, just because MJ didn't have a childhood doesn't mean Joe mistreated him. In those times it's not easy raising 9 kids.

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

87. pmiller, you know i beleive that in this situation with the wrongful death suit, unfortunatly knowing what that is like, i must say at a time of loss that it is hard to think of your child being taken away by the hands of another, and wondering about a wrongful death suit that is not what one would think about!!!! that pain is so over whelming that you are consummed by the pain and not much on your mind but the death itself.joe should just be glad he had the time with michael and leave the suit until another time, he needs to find out what happened to his son first!!! sue from tampa

Posted at 7:57PM on Feb 4th 2010 by sue

EXACTLY SUE...that is all I was saying....I guess my point is why Joe is busy filing papers why does he not go beat down the LAPD doors and ask why Murray is a free man? At least let the man who caused your sons death be arrested BEFORE you worry about a wrongful death suit!! I guess i was raised different, that family should mean more than money!

emerald

#84 I wouldn't be so polite lol!! MJ made it quite clear when he was alive that he hated Joe, that Joe had abused (beaten) him and made him get into the music business with his brothers when he was still so young! MJ made it clear in his will that Joe was to get nothing from his estate, that he wasn't to be in anyway around his kids or he'd exploit them too!
Joe is an abusive old man and has been all his married life, just because he's old doesn't mean he get's the right to MJ's money or the right to sue on his son's behalf! If there was any justice MJ's kids would have been better protected from Joe, now he's dead Joe is doing everything he can to cash in on MJ and his kids! I see he's even in a new reality show with the rest of the Jackson 5, even his brothers wanted a part of MJ before he died and now he's dead their career's have suddenly been revived - sickening!!
Your kids don't support you Joe, you go out and get a JOB instead of sponging off of Katherine and therefore MJ!!

WillOTheWisp

Find a way to view those records, Joe!

Posted at 7:55PM on Feb 4th 2010 by I smell conspiracy!

I've been smelling it! Something's not right!

Linda Lovelest

Cat is lonesome for its Mitzy. Leaves out raspberry yogurt yummies.

Who Cares reads a wonder

Mr JACKSON:Please tell the court "THE FIRST TIME YOU MET MR EDGAR de Passe"

Loulou

61. .41 by you are confused

1st do you have a name? Don't call me darling, cause I don't know who you are.
2nd I've NEVER seen a father laughing in a pic after his son's death. NEVER, and I'm 40.

Posted at 7:25PM on Feb 4th 2010 by susie

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/04/michael-jackson-estate-joe-jackson-wrongful-death-medical-records-ucla/5#comments#ixzz0ecIokOIA

1)No,I don't have a name,unless I'm interacting with people with an I.Q. higher than a 4-legged creature,which is not the case with the majority here,particularly the TMZ paid trolls(this is not a personal comment btw).Sorry for the darling thing, I'm sarcastic sometimes.

2)People have different ways to react to sad events,and some laugh at very painful ones.The fact that you've never seen anyone reacting this way,doesn't mean it's wrong, or that it doesn't happen.

Jill

Joe Jackson has every right to see the medical records after all half of the hospital staff have...there is something going on here, nothing adds up, I smell a cover-up. Katherine and Joe are the biological parents they need to see the records, what is the big deal unless there is something to hide.

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

90. pmiller, doc murray was at the doors going to the actual place he would walk to the door almost to open it and go back and sit on the marble benchs they had there, then he would repeat it several times. i am telling you it was really weird like he was afraid or something. sue from tampa

Posted at 8:02PM on Feb 4th 2010 by sue

I will have to see this!! Wonder what he was afraid of???HMMMMM was he alone??
I am SOOOO mad the only day I actually have to work....Murray will be all over the TV!! Been waiting for this moment for 7 months now I am going to miss it! Well I am sure It will be on 100 times over but it JUST WON'T BE TE SAME!!!!lol

K

I believe Joe knows like the rest of us that Murray will get away with this and so he is determined to get him one way or another.

K

Cathy

What the heck is Gene Simmons talking about? If her personally believes that Michael molested those boys, then that is his opinion and his right. But why is he spouting things that just aren't true? What the heck does he mean there is not a female in the world who has claimed to have had a sexual relationship with Michael? Lisa Marie Presley has said numerous times that she and Michael had sex while they were married (and much evidence points to the fact that they had sex even AFTER they were divorced)! LMP is not one to lie either. In addition, Theresa Gonsalves, a 30 plus year fan of Michael has written a book in which she claims she had sex with Michael twice -- once when they were both 19 and he was working on The Wiz in NYC and once about 10 years later - in his truck on Muholland Drive in L.A. So again, where is Gene getting his info? Where's the tape of Michael asking the kids to have Jesus juice? And what does Gene mean one allegation of paedophelia after another after another after another? To my knowledge, there were only 2 allegations - one in 1993 by Jordan Chandler and another in 2003 by Gavin Arvizo.

Gene, you're entitled to your opinion, but I fear you have no clue what you're talking about because you simply have no grasp of the facts.

I ultimately agree with Gene though -- let's hear from the boys! Gavin, Jordie? Step forward. Hold a press conference. Defend your allegations. I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say. Go for it. We're waiting. If you were telling the truth, you should feel very confident. Come on, and come forward.

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

92. Please Don't Tell Deb On Me.

Posted at 8:05PM on Feb 4th 2010 by OhWell

Okay...but only this once!

echo384

Joe is not "entitled" to MJ's money--not even Katherine's. No person is entitled to inherit--even from your own parents or spouse. Each person may designate who they wish to leave their hard earned money or property.
As for Joe's "hard work"--give me a break! MJ fired him over 30 years ago. MJ hasn't owed Joe for years.

MiMi

Good Evenning Board

I watched it on ET. Although they did not show any video only photos. Even if Murray had of gone to the doors they would NOT have let him in. ET also said that the family was quite upset to learn he had gone to Forest Lawn.

Can't say that I blame them...

Who Cares reads a wonder

Mr JACKSON:Please tell the court" ARE YOU CONNECT TO ANY CASINO'S OR OWNERS" 2nd question: "WHO", and PLEASE. Explain your relationship with them.3rd question:WHEN was the first time you got envolved with these people"?