Conrad Murray News Conference

2/5/2010 4:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conrad Murray In the rockiest start to a criminal prosecution ever .... we're now told that Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers plan on holding a news conference near the courthouse where Dr. Murray was set to be arraigned today in the death of Michael Jackson.

We're told attorneys Ed Chernoff and J. Michael Flanagan will publicly complain that they have become pawns in a feud between the L.A. County D.A. and the LAPD.

Although Chernoff's publicist told TMZ this morning Dr. Murray will come to the courthouse ... it's unclear if he'll be at the news conference.

Unless things change in the next hour, criminal charges will not be filed against Dr. Murray today.

TMZ broke the story about the feud between the D.A. and the LAPD over how Dr. Murray is brought to court. The D.A. was working with Murray's lawyers for a voluntary surrender ... the LAPD wants to place him under arrest and bring him into court.

Of course, TMZ will cover the news conference live ... we're guessing it should go down around 1:30 PM PT.

UPDATE
: Ed Chernoff just confirmed the news conference, but said due to "safety concerns" it will be held at a park 12 blocks from the courthouse. He did not say if Dr. Murray will be there.

UPDATE 2: A spokesman for the Sheriff's Department confirms the press conference will be moved, but says there were no "safety concerns."

Steve Whitmore: Click to watchUPDATE: 3: We called the park where the news conference was supposed to go down and the park person said he was contacted by someone and told them they absolutely could not have a news conference there because a permit had not been taken out.

UPDATE 4: Dr. Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, took his notice of a news conference off his official website. The plot thickens.

UPDATE 5
: Now Chernoff's website says the news conference will be held at Polliwog Park, 3 miles from the courthouse.

sunnymaxx

BTW, I had a dream last night , there was a fan and a gun involved.

Posted at 2:19PM on Feb 5th 2010 by lee lee

--------------------------
I don't believe that jerk will show his face. He knows he's a HATED man. He no doubt walks around with a bulletproof vest. No matter what happens, he's going to be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

JLS

Okay. I just called the LA DA's office and they put me through to an extenstion to lodge a complaint. I am from LA. It happened to be the mayor's assistant and I told her this is friggin' ridiculous! DO NOT ALLOW Dr. Murray's counsel to best you like this. I told her to tell the DA I want him to treat Dr. Murray like anyone else who is charged with murder. ARREST HIM through LAPD. Call them! They are monitoring this situation. Here is the number. Los Angeles County District Atty. Telephone (213) 974-3512

barf

19. I dont trust these reports at all.

Harvey and Mike, have your cameras everywhere......there's going to be a circus in town today.

BTW, I had a dream last night , there was a fan and a gun involved.

Posted at 2:19PM on Feb 5th 2010 by lee lee

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/05/dr-conrad-murray-michael-jackson-lapd-d-a-arraignment-news-conference/2#comments#ixzz0egtpM2L3

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGREE WITH YOU! BUT: The "Doc" is just a scapegoat and all this is a hoax! Just like with Kennedy... Oswald didn't do what the public was told. Same with Murray! America, you SUCK!

Jan

Gut feeling may be already in police custody.

They were in it for the money

Oh they are going over to Del Air park on El Segundo and Aviation Bl. Right by the airport, close to the freeway that they can can play on afterwards.
This is Texas justice. Dr. has a bulldog of a lawyer. This is total BS!. go and pick up the sob already fingerprint hima nd book him already. for Cripes Sake!

Who Cares reads a wonder

Hey call the GHOST BUSTERS they can net him in a bottle,put him in the LA RIVER and send him to you FOOL.1 800 ghostbusters@fool.com

Just my opinion

TEAM MURRAY!!

They were in it for the money

I think it is about time to start recalling these people in office.
how come the mayor got free trips from AEG right after this murder took place? How come chief Bratton isnt here anymore?
MONEY AND POWER.

sunnymaxx

Randy tweeted that the family is pissed off that they weren't included in the Grammys.

An angry note fired off by Randy on Twitter said: "So proud, my brother being honoured tonight with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

"My family would love to be there but, truth is, we weren't invited."

Our source says: "Randy was incandescent. He believed the Grammys only thought of including Michael's children at the 11th hour as dad Joe Jackson complained there was no family representation.

"The brothers were hoping to attend and wear their silver gloves and matching suits to honour their brother."

As far as I'm concerned, it was a pleasure and very relaxing not to see the brothers with their shiny gloves. With the imminent arrest of Murray, you'd think they would have more to worry about than getting publicity for themselves off of Michael's back. Hopefully, this is a new trend, that they get shut out of events concerning Michael. I'd much rather see his beloved and wonderful children any day of the week.

hoocheekoo

This case is now being tried in the court of public opinion. Murray is capitalizing on the goofy and incompetent way this is all being handled to paint him as 'victimized' and garner sympathy for his side. What a ridiculous, embarrassing fiasco.

Only in Los Angeles.

Hookyta

They are afraid of his safety from the MJ cult. They are afraid of madness and mayhem. I can't believe it has not happened yet. Anger level keeps going up. Only a matter of time and this keg will explode.

Marie

I do not think that Dr. Conrad Murray should be calling the shots in this case. After all he killed Michael Jackson.

Cali MJ Fan

Let's make sure the world hears MJ fans. Please copy and paste the following to all your Twitter Followers for TODAY 2/5/10 at exactly 1:30pm Pacific Time WE have to act fast.

Join together around the world at 130pm Pacific Time Every MJ fan tweet #MichaelJackson & RT 7 times (One for every month)

sunnymaxx

Gut feeling may be already in police custody.

Posted at 2:28PM on Feb 5th 2010 by Jan
----------------
Hmmmm. Hope this is true. It may all be a diversion.

Daphne Lorincz

15. Tired of injustice
Tired of the schemes
The lies are disgusting
directed at me.
Kicking me down
I got to get up
As jacked as it sounds

***The whole system sucks***

We Want Justice...We want Justice...and we want it NOW

Posted at 2:15PM on Feb 5th 2010 by esther

I agree. But aren't these also the lyrics of MJ's Screams. I thought I remember the lyrics. Nicely described. BTW would someone let me know why some posters disliked Gene Simmons. What did he do to piss some of u off. I don't watch his reality show.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments