Bill Clinton

Hospitalized for Chest Pain

2/11/2010 7:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_bill_clinton_bn_tmz_01-1President Bill Clinton was admitted to a hospital in NY today after experiencing chest pain.

A rep for 63-year-old Clinton just released the following statement:

"Today President Bill Clinton was admitted to the Columbia Campus of NY Presbyterian hospital after feeling discomfort in his chest.

Following a visit to his cardiologist, he underwent a procedure to place 2 stents in one of his coronary arteries.

President Clinton is in good spirits and will continue to focus on the work of his Foundation and Haiti's relief and long-term recovery efforts."

The statement continues, "In 2004, President Clinton underwent a successful quadruple bypass operation to free four blocked arteries."

FYI -- a "stent" is a device that opens up a blocked artery.

UPDATE:
Hilary Clinton has announced that she's on her way from Washington to be with Bill.

Story developing ...

Darren W. Wood

re: moveover comment...

dude you best change your dope dealer, because that cheap stuff your smoking is really effecting your judgment of the facts. you brilliant Americans impeached a president (first time in history of any country) for lieing about getting a blow job!

compared to all the good he did for you guys, I think spilling some jism on the blouse of a $2 whore/intern can be over looked.

Kimmo

Where is your poll asking if we think he should die like the RUsh Limbaugh poll??? Hypocrites!

that.is.all

He's fine. I'll leave before that wide ass shows up.

that.is.all

WTH is Bill Clinton? I've never seen him in any movies.

moveover

DW Wood? Truth hurts doesn't it? The fact that you don't like my comment REALLY hurts my feelings. Not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. (rolling my eyes)

Mikey

Never knew he was black til he became president. Then it came out he was the first black president.

that.is.all

Free Mickey D's for life, Billy Boy. All the fries you cat eat too.

Tom

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Also great to see positive comments rather then all the negative comments when Rush went to the hospital.

Tink44

get well quick! God bless you!

JackieMichele

Darren W. Wood

"I guess my question is why is he still being addressed as President of anything? He is our former president and should be addressed as such. Former President Bill Clinton....

Posted at 6:01PM on Feb 11th 2010 by JackieMichele"

Addressing them as "President" that is accorded all former presidents in interviews and media reports. Even sitting presidents when refering to past presidents do not use the term former.

moveover

Mikey

He must have bleach he self white like MJ did because I never knew he was black until they said he was the first black president. Must be true cause he sure likes chasing white women.

Darren W. Wood

"I guess DW Woody is talking about all the jobs that Bill likes to talk about that he created during his Presidency. In fact, he created so many new Mcjobs that most Americans during those years were working two or three of them at a time. Bill will go down in history as one of the country's worst Presidents.

Posted at 6:04PM on Feb 11th 2010 by moveover"

you obviously know nothing about politics....reminds me of most republicans that post here. Clinton was the last president to balance the budget. If he did nothing else, thats more than any republican president has done in recent history.

dynbey

Mr Clinton, get better soon after your heart attack. A heart catheder and a PTCA is not the end.