'Deadliest Catch' Captain -- Tribute at Sea

2/12/2010 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Captain Phil Harris is receiving the most distinguished honor he never wanted to get -- a makeshift memorial at a spot dedicated to great fallen fisherman.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt

Ever since the "Deadliest Catch" star passed away earlier this week -- friends, family and fans have created a shrine in the Skipper's memory at the Seattle Fishermans' Memorial in Washington, just miles from Phil's home.

So far, we're told the family is still working on funeral arrangements.

Captain Phil Harris

Aerionx

first?

Jessica

Phil will be sorely missed.

Fair winds and following seas Captain

jamie

i had the pleasure of waiting on Captain Phil Harris at the restaurant just behind this memorial. He was a really good man, may he rest in peace.

cowbulls

Captain Phil was a 100% man's man.

~Garp & Triforce Luvva~

He was always a good man, father and Captain. Go be with the sea you loved Phil.....

URHINESS

Gone to soon!! Rest in Peace in Gods arms.

Shauna

Captain Phil will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends. I got to meet him and i really enjoyed talking to him for 15 min. He was a hard worker and he had a great sense of humor.

tara

Loved him and will miss him soooo much! Our prayers are with his sons and family. He had a rough and tough job...only for the bravest and after I saw the first show I never thought twice about the price I paid for crab! Be safe and God be with all of you fishermen on and off the boat!
RIP

Aurora

A few years back, my sweet baboo, ex-hub, called n said he felt bad, would I come over. Got there and he was the color of tobacco spit. It was Memorial Day weekend. We ended up spending about 2 1/2 days hanging out in the ER and Diagnostic Radiology Dept. waiting for the word. On the wall-hung TV, Most Dangerous Catch was playing 24/7. Etc. etc. He had pancreatic cancer. Had the big surgery and lasted about 2 years. But when times seemed bad, we would look at each other and think/say, 'at least it's not as scary as what those dudes on Dangerous Catch do.'

RIP Capt. Phil and RHO

grace

My dad had a stroke 4 years ago and it changed my families life. I didn't know anything about this show, but when I read about a dad a yound dad having a stroke it hit home...Strokes are horrible things...worse than you can ever imagine. I just hope and pray that the family can find peace and finr it soon.
Love....lots of love
G

Wendy Wayne

It really chaps my ass when they say someone has fallen. That implies something negative. Phil Harris, whom I adored, passed away. I know it's not a positive thing but we should honor his life. I am. :o)

kgb

the guy smoked himself to death. enough already. RIP

JJ

RIP Captain.

You'll be missed by all Sir.

Kooky Fan

50 IS THE NEW 80

All these people going so young.............

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments