Kevin Smith -- Southwest Should Fit Wide Loads

2/15/2010 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

According to Kevin Smith, "fat people" don't need to lose weight -- Southwest Airlines just needs to build "thicker" seats to accommodate the wider American clientele!

Kein Smith: Click to listen

Smith, who was booted from a plane this weekend for taking up too much space, tore into the airline yesterday on an hour and a half long SModcast -- blasting them for not catering to people in the USA, where "more people are fat than thin."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

SP

Wow. You are a bunch of hate-filled, angry people. Evenings at your houses must be lovely.
Personally I dislike politics, but if I were looking to choose a party, you wonderful, kind, compassionate Republicans would most certainly be at the top of my list!

Gus van Rant

Smith is an idiot and a horrible filmmaker. By his own admission, he smokes pot constantly with his young daughter in the house. Great dad! His wife must be so proud.

jlen13

So now he thinks that the entire 737 fleet should be retrofitted to accommodate larger people!!! seriously that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard... you can barely get down the aisles without bumping into asses and elbows!!

james

Whatever fatso. Counting the days until you 'Lawyer up' to go after Southwest for a discrimination lawsuit on behalf of other people like yourself with no self control to keep your weight in check. Why not sue McDnonalds for making you too fat? Go Kevin! Lead the charge for all the pathetic fatso's og this country who are out of shape and fat. Your battle charge will only get 20 yards before you are wheezing and exhausted.

Bobo Frog

Southwest did the right thing. Have you ever had to sit next to a fattie on a plane? It's like being suffocated over several hours. It's a traumatic experience.

neesee

and so just because your obesity is a problem all companies etc. should change to accommodate the you? Give me a break! For the most part, obesity is the fault of the obese person, take responsibility and make a change thus lowering health care costs and your own personal health and longevity. I'm so sick of people placing blame for their problems on others and demanding others change for them rather than the person choosing to do something for themselves. Wake up...and go for a walk for goodness sakes!

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Liberals are awesome. All they think about and consider are themselves and their own biased agendas. Anyone with a functioning brain is aware that the airline industry is barely staying afloat right now (probably just minutes away from yet another Obama "bailout") and this idiot thinks they have the money to completely renovate their planes just to appease fatass, lazy buffoons like himself?

As usual Kevin....BRILLIANT!!!!!

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Good Lord man!!! An hour and a half!?!?!? What's wrong buddy?? Having writers block on Clerks 3???

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Stop catering to the fatties of the world!

99% are fat because they eat too many effin' Ding Dongs, then expect the world to accommodate THEM?? Screw that. Airlines should have a 'pay by weight' deal. The fatter you are (up to fitting into a seat, not a smidge more), you should PAY more. Same deal with clothes. It takes yards more to make something for a fat pig than (what SHOULD BE) an average sized person (waist size under 32 inches).

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

I know this guy is a typical liberal Commie, but I've always liked him for some reason.

neesee

RE: #5.. I meant *and IMPROVING you health and longevity...

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Eat a salad!!!!

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Obviously he knew there was a problem if he usually gets two seats, and for whatever reason decided not to this time.

With that said, I'm not sure why he would have to be asked to leave the flight if he's already in the chair. He's not that big...I don't think....

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

The real comedy here is that Mr. Smith is a liberal nutcase, and is apparently oblivious to the liberal assault on fat people. People like Mr. Smith are going to be taxed and abused left and right the longer this administration is in office. But I bet he wont blame Obama and the Democrats one bit, it'll somehow be George Bush's fault, LOL!!!

An Observer

There are size limitations for large carry-on luggage. About time airlines enforce if your a$$ doesn't fit in the industry standard, pre-defined space, you need to buy more than one seat! I am so tired of people who willingly make poor eating and exercising choices playing the victims. It is not my fault; I should not have to pay the price by having an overweight stranger share my seat that I fit into and paid full price to use all of that space!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments