Kevin Smith -- Too Big to Fly Commercial

2/18/2010 8:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kevin Smith ain't gonna settle for another airline diss -- we've learned he just canceled his United Airlines flight to New York City and opted for a private jet ... the seats are smaller, but you don't get kicked off the plane.

To be fair, United didn't boot Kevin -- Southwest did.

We're told Kevin is taking a corporate jet to NYC -- probably Warner Bros. because he's going there to promote "Cop Out."

mark

As for the misconception that he bought or buys two seats because he's fat...it's not true. He buys two seats because he doesn't want to sit next to somebody he doesn't know, and since Southwest tickets are cheap, and he's rich, he buys a second seat. He fit within Southwest's requirements to sit in one seat. So you can accuse him of being anti social, but not of breaking the rules.

Brian

your rich, stop bitchen and join a gym! No excuse for rich people to be fat!

pua

Maybe Kevin Smith needs to realize he's a fat slob and has been for years. Maybe there is an underlying story of a guy who feels over priviledged, got mouthy, and just got kicked off the plane.

Jess

Ralphie May claims not so Silent Bob is a 350 lb back of wind.

mark

And finally, if you think he went off because he has a movie coming out...think about it for a couple seconds before you click "add comment". Do you really think he wants to talk about how fat he is in every interview from now to eternity? And when he won't even allow a "directed by Kevin Smith" line in any of the tv spots or trailers for Cop Out, do you really think he'd choose this way of getting free press? Lastly, with the Warner Brother's marketing machine running at full strength promoting Cop Out, with Bruce Willis starring in it, do you really think he'd need to or want to get this kind of press for a movie that's already getting tons of press? Again, think for two seconds before you hit "add comment".

rexcars

Why does an airline have to apologize because someone is FAT and partially known?

Southwest opted to enforce their policy but they just happened to pick the wrong fat guy.

Bobo Frog

mark, before you post another comment....take Kevin Smith's penis out of your mouth.

ClaraClutchbutt

Geez, Mark, are you his publicist? He purchases two seats so he doesn't have to sit next to someone he doesn't know because he is rich? If he is truly that arrogant, perhaps it would behoove him to fly an airline that provides first class so he doesn't have to mingle with the "cattle in the back". After reading your comment, I find it hilarious he was kicked off. Anybody that damn smug deserves a little humility.

Katie

GET OVER IT. MOVE ON. No one cares that this fat, loud mouthed liberal got kicked off a plane.

mark

Talking about things you don't know about Clara? There is NO FIRST CLASS on Southwest shuttle flights, it's all coach. So essentially buying two seats so he doesn't have to sit next to somebody is the closest version of first class you could get. Also Clara, since you seem to not know any details, the flight he took was from Oakland to Burbank, about an hour long flight, would you pay thousands for a last minute first class ticket for an hour long flight that lands at LAX (not the airport he wanted to go to, but the only choice if he wanted to fly first class), or would you just pay for two dirt cheap Southwest tickets? He has plenty of humility, otherwise he would be another one of the elite rejects that waste money, other people's time, valuable airport space, and tons of fuel just to fly one person. I think two cheap tickets shows a little more humility than a private jet or an over priced last minute first class ticket.

Bobo Frog

mark, apparently you misread my last comment....I said take Kevin Smith's penis OUT of your mouth before you comment again....I didn't say to put it in and give it another blow.

mark

I'll tell you what Clara, if you'll go and listen to his entire podcast where he goes through the whole story with an open mind, and if you still honestly feel the same, I promise you I will never post on TMZ again, not just about this story, I will forever impose a personal ban on myself from ever commenting on anything for any reason on TMZ. You can find the podcast at smodcast dot com, the one you want is number 106, it runs about an hour and a half long.

angles

ACCORDING TO JUDGE JUDY HE ALWAYS BOUGHT TWO SEATS SO WHY I ASK DID HE ONLY BUY ONE THIS TIME SHE SAYS HE HAS A MOVIE COMING OUT SOON THINK ABOUT IT

ray ray

How about we don't change the seat sizes, and we do change the people sizes. Lose weight fatso. Its for your own good and for the own good of society. Do you know how much it costs to cover obesity related diseases? I dont know for sure but its a whole lot of doughnuts.

Tammy

The airlines are not discriminating when they make fat people buy two seats or kick them off. Have you ever sat next to a fat person who was hanging over into your seat too? Well, I have and it sucked. Unfortunately at the time, I was too young and naive to say something. I sure would today. I'm not paying a fortune to share my seat with a fat person. If you're fat, buy two seats or stay home. I'm not suffering because you're fat. I could be fat, too, but I choose to stay healthy and stay skinny enough to fit on one seat of a plane.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments