Former 'Idol' Elliott Yamin in Chile During Quake

2/27/2010 2:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elliott Yamin had nothing but bad things to say about his trip to Chile ... then a 8.8 earthquake hit and he quickly changed his tune.

Elliott Yamin

The former "American Idol" contestant is in Chile for the Viña del Mar International Song Festival. He bashed the experience last night on Twitter, saying, "Thanks 4 nothing Chile!...what an aweful experience!"

Less than an hour later, an 8.8 magnitude earthquake hit and Yamin began tweeting:

-- "
Huge earthquake just now in Chile!!....I swear I thought this was the end of my life!!!!!"

-- "
F**k!!!!!! I take it all back everybody!!....I just escaped w my life,from an 8.3 earthquake!!!...is everybody ok?...where was the epicener?"

-- "
Complete and utter choas on the streets...no power...my heart is beatin outta my chest!....tsunami warnin...I am only a mile inland!"

Yamin settled down and even began giving interviews via phone. No word on when he plans to leave Chile.

who

who?

bob

Now thats real drama

Jerry Martin

I guess he was pissed because nobody cared what stupid show he'd been on and they didn't kiss his ass.

CHILENA

Thanks For nothing!!!!!???

SO STUPID , Yes because Chile was asking for the earthquake to come ! Dumbass!

Lisa

But thankfully as far as I know for now, the death toll is no where near Haiti's.

barb

Another ex-Idol loser whose 15 minutes are up...

Alessandra

How sad!!! I really hope we can help them, like how we helped Haiti!!! And if we don't it will just show people how we pick and choose.

UGGGGHHH

BE SAFE ELLIOT!

CHILENA

5. When I first heard of the earthquake this morning, I thought now Chile is going to expect the US to help them like we helped Haiti.
Posted at 11:16AM on Feb 27th 2010 by Lisa

Your an idiot , If Chile needs helps , then they should get it ! Death toll doesn't matter. Chile is still a developing country, who only just gradually built roads and bridges that are now demolished. Don't speak about things you don't know anything about.

sarah

Oh crap! You mean I got my rotten teeth fixed just so I might die in frickin' Chile????
I'm alive, I'm alive!!!
Disregard previous msg.

Rickster

Actually Chile is considered little USA, their self reliant with a booming economy and building code is one of the worlds best.

I doubt they'll reach out but will accept some help but only not to seem rude from declining help imo.

sandy

This comment is to: Posted at 11:16AM on Feb 27th 2010 by Lisa

Lisa, you are a huge idiot. You need to STFU and stop showing your ignorance. Wow, I can't believe you wrote that.

Lisa

Posted at 12:02PM on Feb 27th 2010 by CHILENA

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/27/american-idol-elliott-yamin-earthquake-chile-twitter/#comments#ixzz0gl0BpSwe

If you can read I said THANKFULLY the death toll isn't as bad!
I do know what Im talking about..We should help other people BUT also don't forget about the people in our own country who need help..You're the idiot you jackass!

UGGGGHHH

RIGHT ON LISA
CHARITY STARTS IN OUR OWN COUNTRY FIRST.

Alberto

Thank God hes alright.. i also found similar news here.. and more news about the earthquake

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments