Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

2/27/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondMarie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to law enforcement.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

An autopsy will be performed and toxicology tests will be taken.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Donny and Marie canceled their show at the Flamingo Las Vegas tonight.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Kay

This is so sad. My prayers go out to Marie. That would be terrible to deal with, losing a child in that way. May God be with her and help her thru this tragedy.

Annoyed

I've read all the comments left on this page about how Marie was obnoxious and this his depression was no doubtly passed on from his mom. Can't for one second everyone just stop the s%&t talking and realize this was someone's son, brother, etc. Yeah maybe Marie made some mistakes in her life raising him, but hell we all make mistakes. There's no one out there who's a perfect parent or perfect person for that matter. Just think if this was YOUR brother, son, or friend. Don't look at Marie as some mother who "messed up" but look at her as someone who lost their child. Until you're a parent yourself, it's pretty easy to talk trash. The fact of the matter is this lady lost her child. Show some f#$%ing compassion people.

Sherrie

I would be verrry afraid, those of you who are being quick to pass judgement on Marie Osmond. You just need to hope and pray that one of your loved ones does not go the route of suiside. I'm sure you have the same size shoulders to match your mouth so surely you Mr/Ms, could handle the situation with ease.
'Judge not, lest ye be judged also?
Your time may come in some way when you least expect it.
Its a disease,, read up on it.

KB

Wow, this women just lost her son and all you people can do is "speculate" on whether she was to blame. All of you and your glass houses!! You should be offering condolences and prayer. What is wrong with this world.

My heart goes out to the Osmond Family. May God keep you and comfort you in your time of sorrow and mourning!

EvilLib

> 9. What an awful way to die! How tragic.

I can EASILY think of MUCH awful-er.

Some of us have CONSIDERED much worse.

EvilLib

15.> and her other daughter is a lesbian
15.> how the Mormon church must weep

One wonder if the church would shed anything but crocodile tears at another dead lez. Their strictures against defiance are pretty stringent, speaking from my ignorance.

EvilLib

18. > but I feel for her loss.

18. > I hope her family can find peace soon.

Not today.

Not any day.

Believe me.

EvilLib

First, MJ.

She probably couldn't imagine life could get worse.

Life can ALWAY get worse.

Today, it did.

I empathize, most fully.

EvilLib

TMZ Staff> An autopsy will be performed
TMZ Staff> and toxicology tests will be taken.

Autopsy? What's that supposed to tell us?

The functional MRI that might've done some good doesn't provide useful information on the deceased.

The psychological evaluation that might've usefully diagnosed what ailed him isn't viable any longer.

The "friends" and "family" and co-workers and fellow students that presumably saw the behavior and responses ever day and night can't any longer do ANYthing for him.

Toxicology? Maybe psychotropic meds could be relevant; anything else merely signifies an obviously ineffective attempt to dull unremitting and unbearable pain.

Sherry

What is wrong with some of you? Have compassion for a grieving mother and family. I lost my 37-year-old son on February 17th to suicide. Our family is devastated by our loss. What's it going to take for you to feel the pain of losing someone dear.....losing your loved one?

silvergenie

I would rather kill my self than HAVE TO BE or forced to be a MORMON!!!To many rules and regulations etc... Nuff said!

Alison

Even tho i am not mormon i am a mother of 5 and to lose one of them,would bring me to my knees.How dare anyone judge a mother,whos child is gay or has taken their own life.Marie is a wonderful lady,we all have problems,how dare you wish back luck on her.

Charleen Walker-Tribble

it very troubling to know, this loss being a parent myself, is very heartfelt,quiet prayers are whispered, regarding this elegant woman yet strong woman, Marie Osmond and the entire lovely Osmonds family.

Betty

People are human and being in show business does not change the human conditions that happen in our lives. Depression is one of those conditions! I am so sorry that Maries' son suffered so severely and ended his life before help became available. RIP sweet young man and may you find the happiness that eluded you in life.nothing can hurt you anymore. God Bless

Lisa Weiner

To Marie Osmond,
I'm sorry for your loss. I thought you and Donny were just fantastic back in the 70's. Lisa Weiner

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16