Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

2/27/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondMarie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to law enforcement.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

An autopsy will be performed and toxicology tests will be taken.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Donny and Marie canceled their show at the Flamingo Las Vegas tonight.

MaryLynne

You know, even if you don't like a person to not have empathy for the situation the whole family is in is heartless. I take happy pills and when I tried to quit smoking for the umteenth time on Chantix, I felt very sad feelings. Depression is no joke and unless you have felt it through someone you love or yourself most people don't get it. I think suicide is extremely drastic and ask you to think for a moment. If ending your life is the only way to relieve your pain, how much pain and suffering are you in? Imagine how badly he hurt to take this step. My fathers step dad committed suicide after his wife (dads mom) died. It hurts the people left behind because they don't understand. My prayers and well wishes to the entire family at this time. Marie he is with God now and is at peace.

SP

I have a friend who's 17 yr old daughter just comitted suicide so I can imagine what she is going through, we are Praying for her & her family.

time

I do not know the Osmonds but I would like them to know that I am very sorry to hear of their loss.
Please remember that depression is an illness. No one knows what that person is feeling or thinking. The behavior stems from the illness. I am sure if the family could have helped they would have done so. It is not his family's fault.

Hates Conan like crap

WHY IS A 16 YEAR OLD LIVING ON HIS OWN IN AN APARTMENT?

Can someone explain that to me?

that.is.all

MaryLynne
I'm on Chantrix now. I don't feel depressed. Maybe cause I take the pill and light up.

cjohn228

sad!!!@cjohn228

Anita

SHE NEEDS TO STOP PUSHING HER KIDS INTO MORMONISM - THIS RELIGION MAKES SANE PEOPLE DEPRESSED AND GIVES THEM SUICIDAL IDEATIONS.

I should know, I grew up in the cult.

RUN if you are ever approached by Mormon missionaries!!
This so-called religion will take your money and ruin your marriage and your life.

MaryLynne

Congrats on your attempt to quit smoking, stick with it! I had taken the Chantix before and had no problems. This last time though really threw me for a loop. Now I am working on a healthier lifestyle, and look forward to quiting again.

causeiamok

That's is terrible. Very sad when, for whatever reason, a child passes before their parents. Makes you wonder what is going on in that family where the son commits suicide and, I believe, the daughter has weight issues or is rumored to be lesbian or something. Very sad.

2opinionated

He was not sixteen years old now. Quit trying to blame the family. It is better for celebrities to release a statement rather than having total speculation from the start. After reading such blatantly incorrect information on this comment thread, it is easy to see why that is a concern.

nancy

Why would people bash Maarie Osmand at this time? She is a MOTHER who lost her son, don't you people get that? Don't you people have a heart? Is it so hard to simply say, "Sorry for your loss"?....I don't get it....

doctorme

Oh, how horrible.

I'm so sorry for his family, friends, and loved ones.

Bobo Frog

Here's Marie talking about her son going to rehab on ET.

The eerie quote is when she says "Most of my friends' growing up are dead because of it."

that.is.all

Jester, he was 16 in 2007.

Libby

Well I guess this makes 3. Atleast there wont be anymore suicides in the news for a while.

He obviously didnt pay attention to the news and the "suicide isn't the answer" message. Very selfish.