DMX to Party (Up In Church)

3/2/2010 2:04 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DMX is putting on a "gospel rap extravaganza" at a high school next weekend ... provided he doesn't get arrested in the next four days.

DMX

TMZ has learned the oft-incarcerated rapper, real name Earl Simmons, agreed to perform at the Morning Star Sanctified Church for a fundraiser this Saturday -- and he's doing it for free.

According to Pastor Barbara King, DMX and his family have been members of the congregation for eight months now and he really wanted to help raise money for repairs.

We're told the school holding the event is amping up security because they're unsure of what kind of crowd the convicted felon will draw. Tickets are going from $35-$40 a pop.

FYI -- We're also told DMX doesn't swear anymore ... so we have absolutely no idea what he's going to perform.

UPDATE: DMX tells TMZ, "This is an opportunity for me to use my gifts to benefit a good cause. My music offers hope! God has been good to me!"

Amen.

Wil

Isn't he a crack head?

Joseph

This is a joke. A convicted felon on assualt, who uses drugs, promotes sex like it is the 60's, curses like a sailor who isn't popeye, and has more history and future issues with breaking the 10 commandments to promote a gosspel rap show must be trying to make a joke. He has a church? OMG...

Monique

They spelled "extravaganza" wrong

ray ray

Wasn't this waste of a human sucking on a fat white woman's neck just yesterday?

Michael Jackson's Voice

My kids went to Independance H.S.... the very one DMX is going to (?) Preach at..... WOW!!! Thats all I can say... WOW!!! And just what will he be teaching, Slap a ho, and sell that rock, and lets not forget the all too important Breakin da law and Runnin from da po po!!And he will end it with
" Ya'll Gonna Make Me Lose My Mind Up In Here Up In Here!!!"

Hands up will have a whole new meaning!!!

Praise Jeeeeesus Amen brothas and sistas!!

Evan

Now that he doesn't curse it will probably be 100% barking.

Icebaby

I bet it'll be something like this... yo! where my dogs at? woof, woof, woof, this is DMX I'm hard headed you get it. Buying do, is harder then slapping a ho. Even though I always get arrested, no n***as up in here get molested. Yo preacher, are you a sex teacher? if you are, Im'a get my dogs up on you cause I'm DMX. Or something like that.

Big Daddy Magnum

Way to go AZW(estside). Nice to see that this Saturday evening @Indy HS, the Glendale streets will be filled with ATV's and Motocross Bikes. Now everybody sing together -
Stop...
Drop...
Stay In, Lock Your Door and Call The Cops.

mojesionsyy

about dmx in party up and people were saying the lyrics werent a diss to eminem but to me it just seems like thats who he is aiming at.

Crissy Angela

Let's hope they can sing better than they can spell.

Barb

Spell much? You can tell this as a rapper event, the ticket's misspelled, Use some money to buy a dictionary.

Mr. Strat

Doesn't look like much of a church either...they can't even read the Bible & see that women are not to be pastors.

Whamo

Morning Star Sanctified Church????? I seems anyone can start a religion now a days. What a joke.

creativmyn

Good for DMX!

Rappers need to repent from time to time!

Check out what T.I. is up to http://creativmyn.blogspot.com !

Nunya

A man can't do anything good without you freaks trying to find something bad in it. As far as I know, only GOD can judge...so who made you people God? Oh, yourselves...Gotcha!! You must think your boo-boo don't stink and you've never done anything wrong.

Take a look in the mirror next time you want to ridicule and be so judgmental. The man is trying to raise funds for his church. Give him a BREAK!!! When's the last time you people did anything of substance for YOUR church, if you even belong to one!!

Keep doing your job, Haters!!! Keep hating on someone you don't even know and know nothing about except what you read in your daily biased news (TMZ). What a joke!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments