The Guy

in 'Dance with Me'

'Memba Him?

3/2/2010 2:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In 1998, Puerto Rican singer Chayanne became famous to American audiences by starring opposite Vanessa L. Williams in the movie "Dance with Me." Guess what he looks like now!

Ununoctium

Nope, don't remember him.

Geez

Uh... Puerto Rico is part of the America's, therefore, he's American. He's not Puerto Rican-American, he's already American and specifically Puerto Rican.

In the REST OF AMERICA we've known of Chayanne for many years, since the 80's basically. What that line should read as is "In 1998, Puerto Rican singer Chayanne became famous to North American audiences." or audiences in the USA. Not that people in the USA are not American's, remember, its the United States OF America, key word - OF. The USA is NOT THE and only America.

Kimposter

SHOCKING!!!!! I can't remember him or the movie. I sure remember foxy Vanessa Williams though.

kitty

He is still HOT,HOT,HOT. If you haven't seen the movie rent it.

Iris

TMZ should do a bit of research "CHAYANE" is one of the biggest and hottest latin stars..

He is know all over, not just in the US...SO AGAIN he is an interational star...

yadi

TMZ... get your things correct... he has been in the spot light before and after the movie..... he is the biggest thing in Latin America....

I hate when you don't do your work and talk out your AS*

Whitney

gets even sexier with age....

Miss

I'm SO glad I am not the only one who realizes that Chayanne is an international star and not simply "that guy" from Dance with Me. I'm not completely blaming TMZ for not knowing that--he isn't necessarily big here in American pop culture. HOWEVER I would think you guys would have done your research and indicated he is still popular elsewhere.

Eaglewerks

He is a well known entertainer, both as a singer and as an actor. Having been born in Puerto Rico, he is, of course, an American Citizen. He is very guarded about his private life, and has never publicized any dating interest. At a young age he adopted as a moniker, later stage name, Chayanne from the Television series Cheyenne starring Clint Walker.

Lmrox

He is amazing! I get chills everytime I see him. A very handsome multi-talented person like him deserves a better title than "The GUY"
Please TMZ dont be so ignorant.

PandorasCaja

Chayanne is a Major Star in Latin Music! He's been killer in the music industry since he was a small child! Of course we know him! He never went any where! I also think he's the hottest man on the planet!(Not just in America....the planet!) I agree with the person above...you really should do your homework first! Chayanne Rocks! *WINK*

Anniee

Chayanne did not just "resurface" - he's been on the top of charts in the Latin Entertainment industry for over 30 years (he started when he was 10!)and he has had a loyal following of thousands of fans the whole time. The man is so talented and charismatic but it takes a while to figure that out because of all the drool you have to mop up first! Just last week he won three awards in the Latin Youth Awards, one for "Hottest Moves"! He moves me in all the right ways, I can promise you that! Chayanne Rocks! ~Anniee ChayanneRocks.com

Shirly

hi TMZ!!
I LOVE YOUR SHOW!!!!!! BUT Chayanne is not just that guy" from Dance with Me.
He is a well known entertainer in ALL america and europe both as a singer and as an actor. he has recorder more than 20 cd!
link http://www.chayanne.com/2010/site.html
regards from Argentina
Shirly

Isabel

Hola soy de España y CHAYANNE es conocidisimo aquì y en el Mundo entero.Concretmente soy de Andalucia,Màlaga y en Septiembre del 2010 lo he visto en su TOU 2010 NO HAY IMPOSIBLES...no sè como pueden decir k solo es conocido por esa pelicual que por cierto tambien le he visto.Es un hombre polifacetico bastante bueno en el Escenario y como ser humano envidiable...Un beso desde España