Donny & Marie to Return to Vegas Post-Funeral

3/4/2010 1:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Donny and Marie Osmond will reportedly resume their Las Vegas show next Tuesday -- the day after the funeral for Marie's son, Michael Blosil.

Donny & Marie Osmond

According to the Las Vegas Sun, Marie is eager to get back on stage -- with her Vegas manager saying she finds the process "cathartic."

The duo will also perform from April 13-17th to make up for the six shows they canceled after Michael's suicide.

Falcon

I think some of the postings about Marie are mean-spirited. No one other than Marie knows what she is feeling. Many people return as soon as earthly possible to "activity" after the death of a love one. Returning to work the day after the funeral service does not mean she has no "grief." She is dealing with her emotions the best way for "her."

God Bless you and your family.

multimom

First off. To all you negative jackholes-Get over yourselves.

Everyone mourns in a different way, now it is a blur of the business of burying a loved one, she is going to angry at the world in a while, then she will accept it and cry.

GOING back to work returns you to a normal routine, a balance of life. NO employer gives anyone months of time to get over the death of a loved one. When something like this happens grief counselors want you to return to routine as soon as you can.

It doesn't matter the sexual orientation of this young man, his religious believes or Marie's. This kid had long held substance and depression issues. He obviously fooled a lot of people who thought he was happy at school, the friends from school says that he was not depressed.

Marie going back will stabilize the normal routines both for her and her children. By all accounts Marie and her ex spent time with their children and supported Michael in rehab.

Oh he died last weekend. There is no manual on how long it takes to deal with this.

My heart goes out to all his family.

get better J.C

78. MARIE OSMOND IS A JOKE!!! Raise your kids Marie, don't punish them for your greed and selfishness! They lost a sibling, help them. Time to give up the stage with your stupid songs, obnoxious laugh, and fake personality. PUT YOUR KIDS FIRST.

Posted at 3:28PM on Mar 4th 2010 by She's an absolute moron!

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/04/donny-marie-osmond-vegas-show-funeral-michael-blosil/6#comments#ixzz0hEa25uDW

EXACTLY!!!

get better J.C

84. She makes me sick ! I never did like her and now I hate her. Her son was probally seeking her attention before his death and after his death he still does not get it . She is a selfish old lady that cares about money more than her kids PERIOD !Yeah I know she needs to support her family but come on this isn't "cathartic" this is sick and very unusual. Even if she doesn't give a rats tail about her son maybe her other children did .Maybe she should be there for them !! What a piece of crap ! Donnie too !!!

Posted at 4:26PM on Mar 4th 2010 by karen

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/04/donny-marie-osmond-vegas-show-funeral-michael-blosil/6#comments#ixzz0hEaPWCUb

well said!!!!!!

cpad

Unfreakingbelievable!!!
This woman is obsessed with only one thing - herself and getting attention ANY way she can. She is the absolute definition of the phrase "fame whore." I don't care what ANYONE says, there's no way any human being could go on stage to sing, dance, laugh and crack jokes the DAY after their son's funeral. There's no way a human uncle could do that either. Who would even want to see this show? That's not entertainment, it's now a ghoulish freak show.

Not one person in this family has done anything other than grasp excitedly at the bonus attention this suicide has brought to them. They're gleefully yapping at anyone with a camera and the means to give them publicity. Did anyone else see the WHOLE Osmond family, all the "grieving" uncles, on the Insider show THREE days after the death? They were all partying to celebrate David Osmond's debut album. And they were all flashing those famous Osmond smiles and cracking jokes. Heaven forbid that even one person in that family would say "NO! this is not appropriate." There's something gravely wrong with that entire family.

Every single other family I've seen that has lost a child says the same thing: "Please respect our privacy at this difficult time. We will be giving no further interviews." And they don't. They are so consumed with their grief, the idea of grabbing publicity would make them sick. And to imagine the rest of Marie's children. They must be sick with grief over the horrible death of their brother. Well, I guess they can tell their nanny all about it.

And did you hear Donny actually bragging about how wonderful their family is, how all the brothers got on a private jet to go see Marie? Nobody asked him how many times they all got on their private jet to give love and support to their troubled nephew when he was alive. I think we already know the answer to that - zero.

May this warped family get what they so deserve and fear more than anything. The one thing that would indeed hurt them - may all the publicity go away and return them to the obscurity they deserve.

donna

Marie is a child of Christ as all you are. None of you, you who judge, are the final arbiter. Leave her alone... Take care of your own souls, you need to as you NEVER KNOW when your day to depart will come.

stonecold

Like most Mormons, she's a POS.

stonecold

What a bunch of two-bit fakes this Osmond clan is. I always hated their garbage TV show growing up, but I never would have guessed they were all this low. Unbelievable. I mean, this is really unbelievable.

I don't care how old your kid is, adult or child. No way do you go back to WORK the day after your kid's funeral.

cpad

Buy as many tickets as you can to the show - show up there en masse, again with photographs of Michael. At every point in the show where Donny and Marie pause for your laughter or applause, remain silent and hold Michael's photo up.

For those of you who are sickened by the Osmonds' grasp for attention at this time, take it away from them by creating your own statement - one that is powerful and true: This young man deserves to be properly remembered and respectfully mourned.

Anyone willing to give it a try?

multimom

I lost my son, the deep spiral of pain is enormous, no amount of sleep/crying could take me out of that black hole that swallows you. But I went back to work and it pulled me out slowly to the surface, forcing me to think about the living family I had. I went in two weeks after he died. With the work taking me away from losing it totally.

Marie has always been supportive and tried to shield her son from the press of his addiction and rehab. Larry King outed Michael on the air and Marie was shocked and didn't COMMENT further than she was helping and hoping he would cope with his issues. With the nasty comments here do any of you wonder why? The family rallied around this boy. And all accounts from the roommates and people @ his college all say that Marie was hands on, calling/visiting daily weekly.

What this boy had was depression that he was cleaver enough to hide how hurt he was. I have BTDT-nobody knew the dark place that I went too and I was lucky i got better.

Never judge someone on the surface because the hurt behind that smile is deep.

multimom

Anyone willing to give it a try?

Posted at 7:54PM on Mar 4th 2010 by cpad

I hope you lose someone and we can all picket your butt for continuing to go on after their death.

I have had to move on with our son's death and our premie boys death.

People like you make me sick.

fyrman

danger baby

Wow. At the very least, her family (other children) might need her at a time like this. This is a really bad idea.

get better J.C

99. 97. If I lived anywhere near Vegas, here's what I would do: organize a protest in front of the Flamingo when Donny and Marie are performing. The protest must be peaceful and respectful. Everyone would simply carry a large photograph or sign with Michael's photo on it. Everyone would remain silent - no hooting or hollering, no disrespectful comments. When the media asks why you are there, simply say: "To honor the life of this young man, and to respectfully grieve his death." Or tell them, "If this young man was my son or nephew, I would be mourning his death, not singing and dancing."

Anyone willing to give it a try?

Posted at 7:54PM on Mar 4th 2010 by cpad

I have had to move on with our son's death and our premie boys death.

People like you make me sick.

Posted at 8:26PM on Mar 4th 2010 by mulitmom

100. How about this Marie Fans?? Bury ya kid on tuesday and go to vegas and perform the next day? now if that doesnt tell you all what a piece of garbage she is then you live in a box with no windows and cannot see the truth.She is a heartless bitch trying to get fame anyway she can.I wonder if she will cry onstage to get more attention? LOL

Posted at 9:46PM on Mar 4th 2010 by fyrman324

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/04/donny-marie-osmond-vegas-show-funeral-michael-blosil/7#comments#ixzz0hFVn0g0S

I totally agree,she's a heartless bitch, she's not a mom. A REAL MOM COULDN'T/WOULDN'T DO THAT. SHE HAS 7 OTHER KIDS THAT ARE GRIEVING. SHE'S DISGUSTING

get better J.C

98. Ok! Everyone grieves in their own way and we are all different. I would hope that Marie would move on with her life and work can take you to a busy place were the pain cannot be allowed in.

Never judge someone on the surface because the hurt behind that smile is deep.

Posted at 8:13PM on Mar 4th 2010 by mulitmom

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/04/donny-marie-osmond-vegas-show-funeral-michael-blosil/7#c25983654#ixzz0hFWSOVMQ

She has 7 other kids that are grieving their sibling right now, who need their mother. There's no excuse that she will be up on stage instead of being there for all those kids,lets not make excuses for her. It's just wrong and everyone knows it.