Marie Osmond -- The Show Must Go On

3/10/2010 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie Osmond returned to the stage the day after the funeral of her son, Michael Bryan, and dedicated her Vegas show to him.

Marie Osmond: Click to watch
At the beginning of last night's emotional show, Marie addressed the crowd by saying "The way Osmonds survive is we keep singing and that's what we want to do tonight ... I know my son would want that. He was full of love and laughter and this show is for him."

Marie held it together -- but struggled with her last line of the show after Donny sang "May God keep you in his tender care."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Michelle

For me as a parent, if I lost my child, lets say I wouldnt know what to do with myself. I know my child is the only reason I get out of bed every morning and without him, I would have no meaning. I cant understand why Marie Osmond would go on stage to sing after such a short time of her sons' passing. For me, my life would stop if my child died. I am not saying she is doing it for attention, but it just doesnt seem right to me that she's back performing so quickly. Any parent would need alot of time to figure out things and grieve.

lolokailey

WHO IN THE HELL GOES TO WORK A DAY AFTER THEY BURY THEIR SON!!!???? OMG ESPECIALLY SINGING AND DANCING AND ENTERTAINING. I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR MARIE OSMOND AND DONNY ALSO. THEY ARE DISGUSTING MONEY HUNGRY IDIOTS!!! "THE SHOW MUST GO ON??????" YES MAYBE BUT NOT A DAY AFTER YOU BURY YOUR CHILD!!! WHAT DO THESE PEOPLE NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO AFFORD THIS BITCH TO STAY HOME A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND SUPPORT HER REMAINING CHILDREN AND GRIEVE A LITTLE....THIS IS A DISCRACE!! THESE OTHER CHILDREN OF HERS ARE VERY UNFORTUNATRE TO HAVE HER AS A MOTHER.....

Tony

I agree with number 1 - Marie reminds me so much of Kate plus 8 fame- the show must go on, everyone wants to see the children.. I have to do this, me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Kitty Angel

Miss Mary

Lori, #1, said it all. Marie Osmond is PATHETIC!

Makenna

2. I am a long time Osmond family fan and my prayers go out to Marie and her family at this worst possible time in her life. Stay strong and if singing helps you get through it .... sing girl, sing!!

Posted at 10:32AM on Mar 10th 2010 by KItty Angel

It has been reported that her son was gay. Marie is Mormon and the church does not accept gays. Jumping on stage the very next day speaks volumes about Marie and how she must have treated her son when he was alive.

I remember just a very short time back TMZ ran a story about Marie and her manager. There were people crawling out of the woodwork saying Marie was the most vile person they ever met in their life.

STORMY7

Her son, who was gay, suffered from depression brought on by the Mormon Religion which is TOTALLY against gays. Another young person dies because of religious nonsense.

Karen Kostiha

Marie is an AMAZING person. It would not matter if her son was gay or not to her. She totally accepted her lesbian daughter-saying she was an amazing woman. I think Marie's son had "adoption" issues-as many adopted children do.

poppy

Marie, I hope you, your conscience, and your religion can live with
apparently the cause of why your son jumped to his death. You would think that as a mother you would rather have a living gay son than a dead one. What kind of mother are you? Hope you and your conscience and your religion can deal with it now.

Scroomy

Sad. It's just so sad.

Spike

She makes me sick!

HUFFYONE

Kind of quick to do it but they are true professionals and True Stars the show really must go on!!!I'm going to see them very soon!!

Lil

To those who are saying such hurtful and terrible things......everybody grieves in different ways.

Some like to wallow in it. Some get out there and give, give, give all they have. Marie is one who gives. Also, her faith plays a HUGE part. Mormons believe that families are eternal and that they will be together again. That comfort makes it easier to move on. Marie will miss Michael...but he is not gone forever.

Please do not kick her while she is down. She is a wonderful mother and a kind and giving person. She also works hard and knows that life goes on and she and Michael will be together again.

huh

How judgmental can you people be? Everyone deals with grief differently and nobody on this planet has the right to impose their own methods on anyone else.

You people are disgusting at your very cores. Quite frankly, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. What unmitigated gall you have.

God bless Marie and her entire family. The love between Donny and Marie was evident, and I'd give my eyeteeth to have a brother who loved me as much as he obviously loves her.

HUFFYONE

Her son was NOT GAY!! he was sick!! had mental issues he was born from a drug addicted mother and was screwed up all his life!!the Osmond's did everything for this young man everything, and still he was just sick , that's life sometimes may he rest in peace.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments