Richard Belzer: I Didn't Choke Apple Employee!

3/11/2010 2:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Richard Belzer from "Law and Order" claims he never choked the Apple employee who called 911 on him yesterday -- and dude says there's surveillance footage that proves him right.

Richard Belzer: Click to watch

Belzer tells TMZ the drama all started while he was waiting in line at the Apple store in Manhattan. He says a female employee approached him and asked him if he needed help ... so he placed his hands on her shoulders and said he would love some help.

That's when Belzer says she freaked out, called the cops ... and told them he had choked her.

Belzer says cops showed up and took a look at the store's surveillance tape ... and decided the woman's claims were unfounded.

Belzer tells TMZ, "Perhaps I shouldn't have invaded her space, but it was clearly non-threatening."

According to the New York Post, who broke the story, the woman still filed a harassment report against Belzer.

Dumb Surfer Guy on TMZ

You should of gone and bought a PC.

Durr Hurr

Bad touch! Bad touch!

digital

Can we repeat the store employees words with an accent (Apu Nahasapeemapetilon from the Simpsons)...Can I help you, you look familiar, where you on the "Show Dancing with the Microsoft Stars".....

Darwin

He would have scared the $%$$% out of me too !!!

Rowan

Give me a break! Belzer is one of the nicest dudes in show business. Clearly this woman has issues and shouldn't be working with the public. I hope the judge who gets this case dismisses it as a frivolous lawsuit, which means she will have to pay Belzer's legal fees. This crap is why our courts are so log-jammed. Lawsuits with real complaints have to wait forever because of women like this one. She needs a shrink, not a lawyer.

su.san smith

this guy is cool and funny - I think the employee OVER REACTED -

humm

A rotten apple, looking for money.

D

If you're a guy, and your semi-famous, you might as well resign yourself to never touching another female again. It's the only way to keep your money safe now-a-days.

eddie

is that Ric Ocasek from the cars

ROBERTO

Could that have been Lindsey Lohan working at that Apple Store?

deleta

You bet your ass HE would've called the cops if somebody put their hands on HIS shoulders. Where does he get off? I read the WHOLE story this a.m. and he was clearly out of line. He should be called Richard GEEZER. Douche!

kb

she probably didnt even know who it was. and simple unwanted touching is technically a battery, at least in california. maybe not in new york :)

xcalibur

THAT'S FUNNY... ONLOOKERS SAID THE GIRL WAS RIGHT. AND DOUCHE BAG IS KNOWN TO BE AN ALCOHOLIC. HMM.

Tessie Tura

I know exactly how he feels. I walked out of the Atlanta Apple store last weekend, because I had questions and could not find help, nor could I find anyone to take my freakin' money for the item I intended to buy! I hung my little iPod charger on the shelf and walked out.

Manbearpig

I cant say I dont blame him... There has been a couple of times that I wanted to choke somebody up at an apple store.. I bought an iPhone 3 months ago and I've had to go there 3 times and had my phone replaced twice.. I got ur back dude.. F**k standing in line.. is you products so terrible that you have to make appointments??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments