Richard Belzer: I Didn't Choke Apple Employee!

3/11/2010 2:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Richard Belzer from "Law and Order" claims he never choked the Apple employee who called 911 on him yesterday -- and dude says there's surveillance footage that proves him right.

Richard Belzer: Click to watch

Belzer tells TMZ the drama all started while he was waiting in line at the Apple store in Manhattan. He says a female employee approached him and asked him if he needed help ... so he placed his hands on her shoulders and said he would love some help.

That's when Belzer says she freaked out, called the cops ... and told them he had choked her.

Belzer says cops showed up and took a look at the store's surveillance tape ... and decided the woman's claims were unfounded.

Belzer tells TMZ, "Perhaps I shouldn't have invaded her space, but it was clearly non-threatening."

According to the New York Post, who broke the story, the woman still filed a harassment report against Belzer.

Jim

If you want to see a funny Belzer and choking story youtube Belzer and hul Hogan and watch Richard get dropped by a choke hold.

meeen2

I'm so sick and tired of people, excuse me, VICTIMS and their oh so political correctness! It's come to this? A person can't even touch another person without violating that persons rights!? Human touch is one of the BEST things in life! All I can say is - "Lady, you live in a city of 8MILLION people! You're gonna get touched by one of 'em sooner or later." What a big whinning BABY!!! I'm nausious!!

jus'sayin

Some people are so wierd. Cant touch this.

o rly

More proof that Apple employees, just like their leader Steve Jobs, and most of their fanboy users, are LYING DOUCHES.

YOUCH

Being a former New Yorker I know that if ANYONE held onto my shoulders I would have told him off but to go as far as accusing someone of choking me if unforgivable.

Buster

Get a clue Hollywood. In the real world people are not as touchy feely. We do not greet eachother with fake kisses. Belzer needs to simply keep his damn hands to himself.

scum

Hmmm do you believe onlookers or a video? I tend to believe a video over a couple people who could have seen something. There's always someone out there who wants something for nothing.

luv4svu

I work in law enforcement. "...the woman still filed a harassment report against Belzer." Filing a report means absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, anyone can file a report on just about anything. Our officers have had to take some pretty crazy reports because a citizen wouldn't take no for an answer. There was obviously no evidence as the police aren't even saying its still under investigation. Meaning there was not enough evidence to arrest/charge/summons for this supposed incident.

TeeKay

I think Belzer was out of line in touching the salesperson in the way he did, but in no way was it injurious to the person. To accuse him of choking her was a typical victim mentality. She needs to grow up and grow a pair. If she didn't like it, she should say "Please take your hands off me." She should not have freaked out and this definitely doesn't warrant a lawsuit. Give me a break!

John Stone

What a dumb ass thing to do.

Carol

Richard Belzer is cool. I have his character on SVU. The employee thought she could make some money somehow. She is stupid. No wonder our criminal justice system is overload with crazy cases. Grow up lady.

Mark Proctor

Pure extortion attempt.

John

I don't blame her... Would you want to be touched by this freak?

Milf Biggenson

I have been a consumer now for multiple decades. It would NEVER occur to me that I should place my hands on any salesperson. EVER. I'm not saying he should stand accused if that's ALL he did, if it was innocent yet a lapse in judgement. Perhaps he's just completely out of touch with reality. I would also never roll down my window and ask a child to come to the car so I could ask them to help me look for a lost pet. I mean, come on Belzer, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

His punishment? Never being able to shop ever again unless it's online.

Tia

He had no reason nor right to lay his hands on her. period.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments