James Brown Did Not Continue His World Tour

3/12/2010 3:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There are reports that James Brown's body is missing from his crypt -- as in, stolen -- but TMZ has learned the Godfather of Soul never left the building.

James Brown
The morbid dispute arose when one of Brown's illegitimate daughters, LaRhonda Pettit, told a UK newspaper that the singer's body was mysteriously moved from the temporary crypt in South Carolina in an attempt to keep her from having another autopsy performed on the body.

Brown died in 2006 -- and Pettit had suggested foul play.

But a lawyer who represents 5 of Brown's children tells TMZ James is right where he should be -- in his crypt -- still dressed to the nines in one of his famously awesome "farewell" outfits.

a total fan

Why two different outfits?

TreeMileZone

That picture is terrible can you atleast change it so we won't have to see it on the front page each time we visit the site?

capt andy

oh my god ..its michael jackson and he is aliveeeeeee
AM I FIRST FOR ONCE

Ronald Raygun

Still the hardest working man in showbiz!!
Enough is enough! Let the man rest. He was a genius but was unfortunate to have such a greedy family

London not England

GHOUL.........

Mary

The viewing of DEAD BODIES wherein the Soul has, in fact, left the house is macabre. I'm so sick of the Elvis, MJ, and Brown "body" conspiracy stories and knowing that simple minds continue to worship the egos of these men and others like them.

J

C'mon, do we really need to look at dead James Brown? 0_0

capt andy

he looks like one of the extras in michael jacksons video thriller..and how much do they pay someone to change his clothes everyday..and do they talk to him and does he answer back from the beyond????I want to know.Please tmz investigate this.we need to know/
and how about an update on shocky jarrar and his abuse of blanket,,we need to know whats going on ,,

215girl

why is he in two different outfits???

capt andy

I think there is a mistake here and the one on the right is actually Michael(wacko jacko) Jackson,,I do believe I'm right.
what sayeth you???

Eric

James looks like he's losing weight! ..good for him:-)

jm

those pictures are really creepy.....

shid i wish i would

SAY WHAT NOW????????????

capt andy

im having trouble sleeping at night.i wonder if i brought a casket i would sleep better.what do you think james???

err jamess can you hear me..james wake up!!!!im talking to you
hmmmm okay ignore me

Kena

Okay, I just clicked on this site, and the first thing I see is James Brown in his coffin, so not prepared for that---next time put the pictures in a link or something b/c....damn!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments